Why do many individuals feel threatened by the word of God?

1. profile image55
    tbHistorianposted 3 years ago

Why do many individuals feel threatened by the word of God?

The sinners continue to battle the word through lies and deceit.  But why is this so?  Do they simply not receive the Spirit or is it that they are filled with evil?  What do you think is their reasoning?  Why do you follow the word of God?  What can be done to overcome this troubled time?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

I know of no one who is 'threatened' by the word God.
    People either believe or they don't believe. Arguments and debates arise when one group attempts to convince the other group that they're right!
    Most people would rather attempt to change the world than to change themselves. Live and let live.
    Maybe it would be best if everyone just focused on their own life and beliefs. Life is a (personal) journey.

3. Kara Moon profile image60
    Kara Moonposted 3 years ago

The word of God is a wonderful beautiful gift.  The problem is not with the word.  The problem is with the judgmental people that insist on labeling people as sinners.  People who say live my way or go to hell.  People who pick out parts and pieces of a beautiful work and develop tunnel vision teaching everyone to walk this way and talk this way or be doomed.  As a whole the word of God teaches us that people are diverse, Jesus said love one another as I have loved you.  He did not sit on a throne and judge, he walked among the people and said love.  The goal should not be how many can be reached with the word.  The goal should be who can I help today.  What can I do to serve the people God created.  Actions speak louder than words and by far the actions of Jesus spoke louder than anything.

working