jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How many people can you fit in the back of a pick-up truck and not be bounced ou

1. LAURENS WRIGHT profile image50
    LAURENS WRIGHTposted 3 years ago

How many people can you fit in the back of a pick-up truck and not be bounced out?

On the news, over and over, it was reported that 300 or so Nigerian schoolgirls were kidnapped and
    loaded into a pick-up truck and transported.  A bus will hold about 65 people and a cattle truck will hold about 50 people.  The pick-up trucks in Nigeria are usually small in countries like Nigeria.  Do you think that this is President Obama's special projects or birth place and he is trying to bring in political help to the country?

2. Snøwman profile image60
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

I've seen about 20 people in the back of a pickup truck. A small one, like the size of a ford ranger. It's was packed full. You'd have to break the laws of physics to put 300 in there even if they were really small girls. He had to have a pretty big truck to do that.

I don't think Obama has anything to do with this. He's not from Nigeria, he's from Kenya. I don't know if he has plans to bring political help to Nigeria.

How did he get all 300 in there without most of the girls running away?

3. bethperry profile image90
    bethperryposted 3 years ago

From a purely physics viewpoint, I would imagine the more humans are in the back of a pick-up truck the less room they have to "bounce" around and therefore the less likely they are to "bounce" out.

But in connection with 300 abducted little girls, I am not real concerned about the physics of it; I want them returned to their homes and I pray this happens very, very soon. As for Obama, I am glad to know he cares enough about these girls to have called attention to the situation (though I believe his father came from Kenya, not Nigeria). I also hope our President will begin to take as much concern for the plight of women and girls victimized in other areas of the world. So far, he seems rather reluctant to say anything negative about condemning such actions in other regions where religious extremism has taken its toll on females.

4. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

I would say zero. The reason is that because of the open back in the truck anyone that is placed in the back has the chance of being bounced out, from my point of view.