jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

What can be the corrective punishment to the Rapist so that he doesn't repeat t

1. Sundeep Kataria profile image74
    Sundeep Katariaposted 3 years ago

What can be the corrective punishment to the Rapist so that he doesn't repeat  this heinous crime?

A UN statistical report showed that more than 250,000 cases of rape or attempted rape were recorded by police annually. Can there be some original ideas to eliminate this thought from the minds of potential criminals?
    Image source: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9003496_f260.jpg

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 3 years ago

I may be wrong by some for saying this but it would depend on the "type" of rape and the degree of evidence provided. Here in the USA a 18 year old can get a sex offender charge for having sex with his 16 year old girlfriend. Other cases involve one parent who is mad at the other and claims a child is being abused. So really to me if there is a clear case with evidence the rapist should be required to have a penectomy. I think this would be a deterrent to other males. If the rapist was female her clitoris and labia should be removed. They should also be left in jail for the rest of their lives.

1. bethperry profile image91
      bethperryposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Interesting. If we go that route, then next we can cut off the hands of thieves, gouge out the eyes of peeping toms, set fire to arsonists and cut the tongues out of the mouths of lying politicians. Well, maybe that last one isn't such a bad idea..

peeplesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Well actually I think serious punishment like this should only be used on people who commit violence on others. I think our normal jail system is a fail and needs revamped. Punishments that teach the criminal. Like feeding the needy for thieves.

3. goodnews11 profile image90
    goodnews11posted 3 years ago

Just cut their right hand and left leg.. Let them suffer in the rest of their life.

1. Sundeep Kataria profile image74
      Sundeep Katariaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Dear Friends,
      Kindly note that I requested for "corrective" punishment which is innovative enough to make them not repeat the act.

Now your suggestions please...

peeplesposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Well I'd say you got corrective answers. The chances of a man without a penis, or a man missing one hand and one leg repeating a rape would be low.

working