jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why are we under control of the government? Why are we forced to get health insu

1. profile image55
    ROPORT3551posted 3 years ago

Why are we under control of the government? Why are we forced to get health insurance ?

I do not understand why we have to do what other people tell us to do. Is this not a free country?  Probably I am the only one who thinks this is a big issue but it seems to me that the more the years go by, the more we are told what to do. What do you think?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/9179694_f260.jpg

2. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

here we have to buy insurance called medical. If you have a medical card, you don;t have to pay a single cent, all are billed to the inurance company

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Good question! Why do we have to pay income taxes? Why do we have to pay into Social Security? Why do we have pay property taxes? Sales taxes? Annual car registration/license plate tags?
    No matter what country you reside in there are going to be laws passed that one does not agree with. Ideally these laws will be in the best interest of the nation as a whole.
    At it's passing many people were against the Social Security tax. Today it's a "sacred cow". Only time will tell if the Affordable Healthcare law will be seen the same way in 30-50 years.

4. Old-Empresario profile image82
    Old-Empresarioposted 3 years ago

It seems a little odd to not want to have health insurance.

working