jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Is there a text symbol to let people know you are no longer driving?

1. MarleneB profile image98
    MarleneBposted 3 years ago

Is there a text symbol to let people know you are no longer driving?

Text "#X" to let people know you are about to drive and can't answer them.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image73
    The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago

If this is related to "texts" Marlene, then you simply remove the other symbol when you reach your destination. Does that answer your question?

1. MarleneB profile image98
      MarleneBposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Yes. Related to text. I'm a little slow to learn. When I reach my destination, how do I "remove" the other symbol? Or, do you mean I send a text with just the pound sign? Thanks so much for your help.

2. The Examiner-1 profile image73
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Marlene,
      I imagine that you saved the first message. Simply go into the messages and erase it (or delete it). Then you should not have any "saved" messages left. If you cannot do that then type "I am not driving now."

3. MarleneB profile image98

OK, thank you The Examiner-1. Such as "#X" states, "I am driving." What symbol states, "I am not driving now." #X tells your friends you can't answer because you are driving. What symbol states I can answer your texts now? I was just curious.

4. The Examiner-1 profile image73

I looked in more than one site Marlene, and I did not find anything about turning it off. It only seems to be a message and do nothing. There is nothing turned on or off. It only mentions texting, nothing about calls.

5. MarleneB profile image98

Thank you so much The Examiner-1 for your time in answering this question. I searched, too and could not find anything either. I really appreciate your time and consideration of such a silly question that I thought there would be an answer somewhere.

6. The Examiner-1 profile image73

It was not a silly question Marlene, you just have to know where to look and read between the lines. Have a nice day, and remember - no texting while you drive! Simply turn the phone off.

working