jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Will Ebola be the end of the world?

1. clivewilliams profile image83
    clivewilliamsposted 3 years ago

Will Ebola be the end of the world?

i hear that the world will end on December 25, 2014. Will ebola end it?

2. jlpark profile image83
    jlparkposted 3 years ago

Oh look - yet another date for the end of the world!

There have been that many dates, and reasons,  in the last 100yrs or so it's becoming comical...not to mention a bit 'the boy who cried wolf'-y

But question at hand - no, I don't think so. It will be the end of life, and therefore the end of THEIR world for those who are taken by it, but I don't think it will be world ending. Much as the bubonic plague wasn't, nor massive influenza epidemics decades and centuries ago weren't.

If it's gonna end - Ebola and other illnesses are a little slow at ending things - a catastrophic collision with another planet/moon/asteroid seems more likely.

3. Old-Empresario profile image82
    Old-Empresarioposted 3 years ago

Ebola has only a 50% mortality rate. It can't end the world.

4. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/11898456_f260.jpg

I think it is highly unlikely to impossible for this to "end" the World for us; however, no doubt it will be the end for some...

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

People thought many pandemics throughout the ages were going to be the end of the world and yet we humans are still multiplying. I remember when the news of the first AIDS cases hit the news. We heard the same thing - "This is it! This is the plague that's going to kill everyone!" I think a lot of people are going to get Ebola and many of them will die, but just as with the other "end of the world diseases", it won't cause the end of the world.

working