As a male, what sort of gender discrimination or sexism have you faced?

1. emilyzeinert profile image61
    emilyzeinertposted 3 years ago

As a male, what sort of gender discrimination or sexism have you faced?

Have you been subjected to sexism? Or do you notice double standards when it comes to female sexism and male sexism?

2. CuAllaidh profile image85
    CuAllaidhposted 3 years ago

Yes in several ways. I used to work at a company that did homecare so it mainly nurses and 90% female employees, they had no problem catcalling at male workers, I had my rear pinched and grabbed before, and HR did not consider this sexual harassment.

The other case is family law. I had primary access to my daughter (in other words she lived with me more than 60% of the time), my exwife lost it one day and attacked her then boyfriend, assaulted three police officers and kicked out a car window, all in front of my daughter. I took her to court to go for sole custody and ensure she only had supervised visitations, the courts ordered shared custody so I lost primary access, solely because the courts felt it unfair that my daughter couldn't see her mother as much as she could see me, my ex never asked for 50% custody, the courts just gave it to her. In my research I have found that in accusations of violence for custody cases men are almost always believed to be violent, women are not. In another instance my ex tried to break into my appartment I called the police, in court I had a judge tell me I was an immature coward for not leaving my apartment to "reason with her"... this is a woman I saw toss around three cops that were twice my size.

working