jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the cause of road rage?What can be done to reduce the amount of incident

1. realtalk247 profile image70
    realtalk247posted 3 years ago

What is the cause of road rage?What can be done to reduce the amount of incidents leading to murder?

AutoVantage survey revealed:Men reported feeling a sense of rage more frequently than women. 56% of the men surveyed said they experienced rage on a daily basis versus 44% of the women. More men also admitted to retaliating against others when they felt angry or provoked [Dr. Driving.org]. My belief:people stressed out with no control over their lives (in some aspect), with issues, get behind the wheel and attempt to bully others instead of confronting their issues.  Miserable life, miserable actions.  Suspended licenses,anger management, jail time for frequent violations issued by police.

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 3 years ago

I think the cause of road rage is ignorance and ego. Some think for some reason that they own the road because they pay taxes. Well, everyone pays taxes. Everyone seems to be in such a hurry and they drive accordingly. Actually, the menace on the road are the ones who do have road rage.

I think for most it is also a control issue. They are out of control in their own lives and are searching for some kind of control while driving.

3. Genna East profile image91
    Genna Eastposted 3 years ago

Interesting question.  I see anger, in general, increasing – both on the roads, in stores, and in other public venues.  It is disturbing.  All we can do is try to assuage this anger when we are presented with it.

4. connorj profile image77
    connorjposted 3 years ago

The causes are many and I cannot do justice to this; however, the remedy is two.
    (1) If one(s) were not in a hurry, this alone could remedy significant amounts of road rage.
    (2) if one(s) can continue to have hope, yes I texted hope; then indeed one(s) would have a significant barrier to grave actions like road rage...