jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Road Rage:Your Tips for avoiding and/or dealing w/ incidents of Road Rage? Has i

1. fpherj48 profile image75
    fpherj48posted 10 months ago

Road Rage:Your Tips for avoiding and/or dealing w/ incidents of Road Rage? Has it happened to you?

Traffic & Tempers don't mix! Share UR thoughts/concerns &/or possible experiences with Road Rage?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13451975_f260.jpg

2. always exploring profile image85
    always exploringposted 10 months ago

This happened to me in the late seventies. I was driving on a country road in Kentucky. Two men were driving behind me, they would speed up and almost bump my car, then slow down and do it again, they did this several times. I didn't have a cell phone back then, and I was really scared. I finally came to a busy highway and they turned away. Today people are doing drive-by shootings and road rage is rampant. Thank goodness we now have cell phones....

fpherj48posted 10 months agoin reply to this

None of us had cell phones back then!  Shucks, Ruby girl.....those two guys were probably chasing a young sexy blonde to get your attention!!  Can you help it if men go nuts when they see you??! 
      (The truth is, they were a couple of jerks!)

3. shanmarie profile image80
    shanmarieposted 10 months ago

I haven't had any "abnormal" experiences with road rage. Just typical cutting off and flipping off sort of things. But my dad once had a half-eaten hamburger thrown at his windshield. He yelled back at the guy, "Thanks for lunch!" to let him know his rage didn't bother him much. LOL

On an unrelated note, when we were looking to move, I called a number on a sign by the road about a home for sale and she cussed me up and down and said she didn't have a damn thing for sale. I told her thanks for the cussing before hanging up and then laughed. I would've offered to pull the sign, but I figure she deserves several hundred more inquiries.

4. savvydating profile image96
    savvydatingposted 10 months ago

A few months ago, as I was exiting the freeway and driving up the ramp, a man started gesturing at me wildly. I rolled down the window, in case he had something important to say---I mean, who knows----I might have had a flat tire… But anyway, he yelled, “You should learn how to drive, lady.” I was puzzled because I didn’t know what I had done wrong. Probably, he had been in my blind spot and I guess I might have moved to the same lane he was moving to…?? Honestly, I didn’t know what he was talking about----so I rolled the window back up and went about my business.
    Long story short, I don’t waste my time on road rage. Road rage is for crazy people. Lol.

That's a spooky experience!  I swear that some crazies drive around just looking for people to bully & harass! It's a hobby to them because they haven't the brains to do anything productive! I ignore them too, or worse, I smile & wave! LOL

2. savvydating profile image96
      savvydatingposted 10 months agoin reply to this

Well, who knows. Maybe I did something wrong. Probably instead of yelling, they should say what happened. That would at least be more educational. Ha!

3. fpherj48 profile image75

He should not need to rant at U~~pay attention 2 his own driving & realize there R no perfect drivers. Doing what he did is more apt 2 cause an accident than whatever U may or may not have done. When on the road, calm & patience is a must.

4. savvydating profile image96
      savvydatingposted 10 months agoin reply to this

That's true. He was being a meanie. But I figure that's his problem and not mine. wink

working