jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Should teens who murder their mothers be prosecuted or receive psychiatric evalu

1. Angela Kendrick profile image76
    Angela Kendrickposted 3 years ago

Should teens who murder their mothers be prosecuted or receive psychiatric evaluation and treatment?

Teens who kill their mothers tend to come from dysfunctional families.  In the case of the abused teenage girl, she will usually hail from a home of violence,substance abuse, and/or abuse and neglect.  Taking that into account, what is an appropriate course of action with these teenagers?

2. Matty2014 profile image66
    Matty2014posted 3 years ago

I think it should be depending on the psycho assessment, if the person's behaviour is caused by mental illness, than they should receive treatment.
    but in your case, the girl is likely to have psychiatric disorder plus personality disorder; personality disorder basically is a person's personality, I believe that people with personality disorder know want they are doing, their personality were shaped by their environment (specially childhood), so I think they are reasonable to their action.
    but if teens are psychopath who killed someone, than they should be locked away, not for punishment, but for the safety of the society, what happen is psychopath do not have empathy, and they view people nothing more than an object, they can be a good fire-fighter, doctor, lawyer, jungle, and a ruthless killer. and more importantly, there are no cure for psychopath yet.

1. Angela Kendrick profile image76
      Angela Kendrickposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you Matty2014.  Thanks for your insight!

3. profile image56
    growithmeposted 3 years ago

Both... Oh I justpray these kind of things never happen..

working