jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Is the death penalty an acceptable punishment?

1. profile image0
    PeterStipposted 3 years ago

Is the death penalty an acceptable punishment?

is the death painty a civilized punishment. Can you rectify the death by electric chair of an innocent person even with a hundred guilty persons?
    The U.S. is among Lybya, Oman, Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Yemen and many other extremist Islamic county a state where the death penalty is legal.
    Do you think the death penalty is ok?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12191182_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    AC-DCposted 3 years ago

I am a former proponent of the death penalty. What really changed my mind was the thought of just 1 person being executed that was actually innocent. Our legal system is so corrupt that the police want to find the guilty party of the crime and quickly. This can lead to the arrest and a guilty judgment easily. Especially in the south, you have the "good ole boys" who are just wanting the crime to be solved. Be it an innocent person or not. It gets the case closed.

1. profile image0
      PeterStipposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Their is indeed a danger in executing an innocent person because politics get involved or a career move of an judge.

2. Romanian profile image74
      Romanianposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree with you. If a person it's only imprisoned, if the case it's open again after 6 months, 1 year, there is something that can be changed. But if the wrong person it's executed, nothing else could be made.

working