jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

As a liberal, why do I get so angry at conservative politicians?

1. TalkingBull profile image60
    TalkingBullposted 3 years ago

As a liberal, why do I get so angry at conservative politicians?

I have found that I get really angry when the GOP majority in the Legislative Branch stymie the political process.  I understand that there is an ideological difference between my liberalism and conservatism, but why do I get so angry about it all the time?  Am I the only one?  What are your thoughts on the current political situation and the intransigent Legislature we have been dealing that has proven to be the worst Congress in the history of the United States?

2. profile image56
    Jared Johnstonposted 3 years ago

If you're like most of us who follow politics, the sad truth is that your anger or "outrage" (favorite word of every pundit) is the result of well-crafted, manipulation and propaganda by both political parties and the media. It is in the self-interest of the government/media complex to constantly keep the public in a state of agitation and divisiveness based largely on superficial issues, manufactured controversies, and our instinctual "us vs. them" mentality. What they gain from keeping the public in this perpetual state is significant. The media gets higher ratings. The Politicians and Parties are able to keep the voters distracted from the real issues at hand, thus avoiding any scrutiny for their actions, agendas, and most of all, their corruption.

1. cjhunsinger profile image74
      cjhunsingerposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Jared--A destabilization, perhaps? Your comment is well stated and, I would agree.

3. nicomp profile image66
    nicompposted 2 years ago

You're an angry Liberal because you want the government to increase control an influence but conservatives, ostensibly,  advocate smaller government.