jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Are any of the 2016 possible presidential candidates pro legalization of marijua

1. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 2 years ago

Are any of the 2016 possible presidential candidates pro legalization of marijuana?

Has anyone heard if any of the potential candidates for 2016 are for legalizing marijuana for either recreational or medicinal use?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

It probably doesn't make a difference either way.
    You look at other issues that may be considered polarizing such as pro- life versus pro-choice. Regardless of the stance of  any presidential candidate the laws that are in place remain in place.
    The only way laws regarding marijuana or even "marriage equality" arise is because "the people" are in favor of those laws.
    Politicians make a living (jumping on the bandwagon) not driving them! They're either for or against something based upon whether they believe it will get them elected or not.
    They (follow) the lead of the Gallup polls!

peeplesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I don't know, republicans aren't very willing to cooperate with the "marriage equality" issue. I think medicinal could get voted and approved in more areas, but an accepting president will help on a federal level.

3. bravewarrior profile image93
    bravewarriorposted 2 years ago

Each state votes on that issue. Florida shot it down in the recent local elections. Many states have already legalized medicinal marijuana.

peeplesposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Yes, but I guess I have some hope that if the right president is elected the criminalization of medical marijuana on a federal level may be over turned. (wishful thinking)

working