Presidential Candidates

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Cynthia Hoover profile image89
    Cynthia Hooverposted 8 years ago

Presidential Candidates

I currently feel that when I cast my vote during the next Presidential Election - that my choice will simply come down to "the lesser evil" so to speak. Its been some time since there was a candidate that I could really get behind 100%. Anyone else feel the same?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image49
    bradmasterOCcalposted 8 years ago

Lesser of 2 evils has been most common choice in the last forty years.
    My opinion is that it is the loyal party voter that prevents better candidates from getting out to the public.
    Both parties really control who their loyal party voters can choose to represent their party. And the choice of lesser of evils starts with the party candidate.
    The loyal party voters don't demand better candidates from their party because they are so loyal they believe that the party knows best.

This has been proven wrong through the last forty years by just looking at the results, and remember that we got to this declining country today, because of the loyal party voters just voting for their party candidates, and not for the better candidates, or demanding a different set of candidates.

We will continue to decline as a country as long as we have the obedient party trained voters, and as long as the two political parties cannot cross the lines to make purple the color of choice we will continue to see the same dismal results from our elections.

Are the current presidential candidates really the best that both parties can submit to the voters?

1. dashingscorpio profile image78
      dashingscorpioposted 8 years agoin reply to this

"Both parties really control who their loyal party voters can choose to represent their party" - Very true!

3. peeples profile image92
    peeplesposted 8 years ago

I feel I am stuck choosing between someone who will cause this country to collapse because of too many hand outs and someone who will collapse this country due to their big mouth or proven history for bankrupting companies.
    Thankfully we have time left for things to change. However I have to admit, I'd rather collapse the country with too much of taking care of people than not enough. So I've already picked my lesser of the evils if things don't change.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image49
      bradmasterOCcalposted 8 years agoin reply to this

That is sad because you are extrapolating on Donald Trump, while the incumbent politicians have already bankrupted the country in 2008. There is no guessing with these politicians. Keeping things the same, means no change, is that what you want?

2. peeples profile image92
      peeplesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Trump is just like the rest, no different to me. The rest are equally bad, which I said in my first paragraph. No matter who I choose it is someone who will likely cause a collapse. I want change, don't see a candidate for it though.

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image49

How is Trump the same, he hasn't been in office, while the others have a track record in office.
      None of the politicians are going to change anything for the people, that is what we have seen too date.

4. peeples profile image92

Same, as in crap. Loud mouth with 0 exper. dealing with other countries, bad experiences dealing with money, lack of respect for anyone who disagrees, he is no better option. Ben Carson better Rep. option than him, and all Dem cand with bankrupt us.

4. fpherj48 profile image60
    fpherj48posted 8 years ago

Hi there Cynthia.....Excellent question and I appreciate the way you have worded it.   I do feel as you do and have for the past few elections.  In 2012 in fact, I found myself with 2 disappointing choices.  Simply choose not to exercise my right & obligation to vote OR vote for a candidate for the sheer point of NOT voting for the other.  Despite the fact that I realize my sole vote made little if any difference, I vowed not to do that again.
    Never in my voting history have I voted based on "party," rather always the PERSON. 
    This time in particular, I am at least comfortable enough to pay close attention to 2 or 3 individuals who "happen" to be Republicans.  There is far too much time yet to have a single favorite I believe in.

I will add that even with a gun to my head, I could not be forced to vote for Bernie.  He's a nice elderly gentleman, but so is my Uncle & my neighbor.  Furthermore, the only position Hillary the Thug can assume is behind BARS.  Her new PANTS SUIT should be black & white stripes with numbers across the chest, rather than a designer label under the collar.  The woman is "evil" personified. 
    Should by chance, her cult followers (the blind, deaf,dumb & in denial uninformed) manage to hand her the White House, my home in Canada shall become a year-round residence. I'm fine in any case.
    I am interested to follow the comments you'll receive here.  Good luck.

1. dashingscorpio profile image78
      dashingscorpioposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I evaluate each candidate too.
      Most people tend to vote by party agenda, social issues, and their pocketbook. Pro choice people rarely vote for pro life people or vice versa. Independents and swing states determine the outcome. I bet Hilary wins

2. peeples profile image92

Totally agree with a lot that you have said. I'm very liberal in a lot of ways, but when it comes time for voting, the whole picture has to be evaluated, not just tiny fractions. However they all look like bad choices to me.

3. fpherj48 profile image60
      fpherj48posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Dash & peep.Great comments both of U. pro choice/life? I'm 100% pro life BUT I can't justify denying any woman her choice.(unless she's the minor dghtr I never had!) U bet Hilary wins? I bet UR right..damn it!  Bad choices? Ur right too peeps! LO

5. Rachel L Alba profile image91
    Rachel L Albaposted 8 years ago

Yes, Cynthia, I feel the same way.  It seems that all the candidates do the same thing, just trash other people instead of saying how they can fix things.  That's what I am looking for.  A God fearing man would help too.

6. Old-Empresario profile image72
    Old-Empresarioposted 8 years ago

Well...that explains why so many people are getting behind a game show host right now. The best thing to do if you don't believe in the candidates is to not vote (vote of "no confidence"). That scares politicians more than anything. Otherwise, the Clinton option might be best for the country. I think Republicans would agree since they aren't taking this presidential election seriously.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image49

What does Clinton have to offer, how to stonewall congressional inquiries, hide the truth. And have you seen how Hillary is doing the TV circuit to get free press.
      Once again, the people didn't want her in 2008, and now it is too late for her.

7. Earl Owens profile image60
    Earl Owensposted 8 years ago

The only answer if we want any real change is to stop voting for Democrats and Republicans.  They are two heads of the same monster. The politicians put their party before us.  The two parties are corrupt, and beholden to the special interests, banks and big corporations. 

The whole system is corrupt yet we continue to enable it by voting for them. Remember, if you pick the lesser of two evils you are still picking evil.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)