What is the interconnection between bigotry, prejudice, discrimination, and/or m

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

What is the interconnection between bigotry, prejudice, discrimination, and/or marginalization?

2. jonnycomelately profile image84
    jonnycomelatelyposted 2 years ago

I suggest the interconnection is FEAR.

In bigotry, there is a fear allowing someone to have their own point of view as opposed to my own.
    In prejudice, I make a judgment without wishing to know or acknowledge the facts.  To do so would put myself at a disadvantage, vulnerable.
    In discriminating, I declare that only certain characteristics are safe for me to accept.  Anything else must be pushed to the background, out of my way, leaving me alone with my preference.
    Marginalization of those who don't "fit the bill" again leaves me feeling more secure and puts a strong wall of conformity around me.

Maybe the antidote to all of these leanings is education, a willingness to learn, encouraged by good, sound, honest leadership.

3. Steven Lindquist profile image76
    Steven Lindquistposted 2 years ago

They all serve to beat down a person's or people's belief structures and self identity thereby making the other group look in power. I think that they are all used to intimate and instill fear in another community related to some sense of differentness. It is funny to because on the core level we are all human sameness. I would like to add that it is difficult to judge the prejudiced person sense they may have grown up with limited resources or insights. Same to be said with out right haters. I recent wrote something on rightness and wonder if it doesn't apply here. But back to your question. Fear. I would think fear would be an interconnected objective.