jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

As an outsider from India, i'd like to know your opinion on Democrats versus Rep

1. Akriti Mattu profile image79
    Akriti Mattuposted 2 years ago

As an outsider from India, i'd like to know your opinion on Democrats versus Republicans.

Whose better as far as progress of United States is concerned ?

2. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 2 years ago

Neither progress is better.  Though with Obama as president, love him or hate him, unemployment has been down and things have improved.  Republicans tend to be more conservative.  Many are Christians and believe in family values such as a father, mother, and children.  But they are more business oriented and all about making money.  Democrats are more liberal.  They are the ones who support gay marriage.  They stand up for the working man, and usually unions are democrats.  I feel that Democrats are more for the common, everyday man.  Most minorities tend to vote Democratic, because Democrats usually support them more.

Akriti Mattuposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the information.

3. cathylynn99 profile image75
    cathylynn99posted 2 years ago

currently, democrats are the more liberal party. liberals, by definition, promote progress.

ok

4. Oztinato profile image70
    Oztinatoposted 2 years ago

Anyone who opposes something as basic as free health care shows they have lost their humanity. As republicans are against basic health care they are against progress.

i see

5. Keisha Hunter profile image81
    Keisha Hunterposted 2 years ago

You guys need to see a hub I was on over the weekend, POTUS to do list I think it was. I swear the comments there would make you feel like Obama is the devil in the flesh.

ohh ok

6. tamarawilhite profile image93
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

Democrat - government is the solution to everything and should be the source of everything; Democrats favor big government even when it comes to reducing individual choices and freedoms 
    Republican - smaller government is seen as necessary to maximize individual freedom, that personal decisions and local government are better for solving most problems.

thank u for the answer

Closed to reply

working