jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is a real solution to eradicating racism? Or do you think it has already be

1. keishialeelouis profile image76
    keishialeelouisposted 2 years ago

What is a real solution to eradicating racism? Or do you think it has already been wiped out?

2. feenix profile image61
    feenixposted 2 years ago

Obviously, I am black and so far as I am concerned, attempts to "eradicate" racism are a waste of time, money and other resources.

The only thing that we, black people, need to do is take extensive measures to fortify ourselves against racism.

3. Link10103 profile image75
    Link10103posted 2 years ago

Becoming more open minded really. Outside of that there are no other solutions I think anyone could put forth because they simply wont be accepted until that happens.

As far as I see it, the only reason racism exists today in any kind of problematic way is due to the older generation teaching their offspring a bunch of crap that either doesnt make any sense or can very easily be proven wrong, but if you condition your kid to think one way it will be nearly impossible for them to think another way regardless of the facts.

I really dont see how anyone could think racism has been wiped out...even before recent events.

4. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 2 years ago

Take the question beyond racism and ask if prejudice will be ever be eradicated and the answer is no. Thus as long as there is any form of prejudice, there will be some form of racism--but not necessarily limited to Black people. Persons with handicaps, different beliefs and different nationalities are all subject to a form of racisim. I have a bi-racial grandson. He is a wonderful child. I hope his heritage is not the same problem that my speech impairment was for me when I was growing up. We did elect a Black president. That was a major step. How long before the next major step occurs is anybody's guess.  Racism has not been wiped out, but we have made progress.

5. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

It's unrealistic to expect to ever eradicate racism.
    Even if the world was all one color there would be blue eyed people who discriminate against green eyed and brown eyed people.
    There will always be "something".
    It seems to be human nature for one group of people to swear they are superior over another group of people. We even see this among the various religions groups.
    "My God is the {real God} and you are going to hell."
    People just have a natural tendency to focus on our (differences).
    As long as people come in different colors there will be racism.

6. Say Yes To Life profile image80
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 years ago

In the US, we've come a long way towards eradicating racism.  I think the more we know about others, the less racism there will be.
    We need to be careful, though.  One cause of racism comes from negative experiences at an impressionable age.  I know someone who was prejudiced against Native Americans because as a child she was molested by one, and the situation was poorly dealt with.  As an adult, she came to terms with it when she discovered fetal alcohol syndrome destroys conscience - and people of all races can have that.
    Minorities need to pay attention to how they behave, and not tolerate criminals in their midst!