jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Why has African and other aspects of Black history/culture/civilization been ter

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

Why has African and other aspects of Black history/culture/civilization been terribly undervalued

and underplayed, even denigrated in European and Euroamerican cultures and societies?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12606954_f260.jpg

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

Where should we have this information in the United States?
    I am not aware of the problem, so I don't have any reference to really answer your question.

3. dudefromafrica profile image60
    dudefromafricaposted 2 years ago

You mean besides the reason that we are also largely unaware of Indian, Native American and many other cultures? Which is mainly disinterest.
    Africa is very diverse and is hard to group and generalize. Also Africans in the city are not interested in the culture and Africans in the villages don't have access to media.
    One more thing, the culture is not valued here. In Africa every culture is extremely valued in each respective community.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
      bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

We do know about Nigeria because that is the African Capital of Internet Schemes.
      I heard about slave trading, drug trafficking, diseases, and wars. blacks that were slaves brought to America were probably kidnapped by black tribes and  sold

2. dudefromafrica profile image60
      dudefromafricaposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That is not African culture. That is African history.
      I repeat Africa is diverse.

working