jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Is muslim terrorism more or less of a threat to the civilized world than it was

1. Terrex profile image79
    Terrexposted 2 years ago

Is muslim terrorism more or less of a threat to the civilized world than it was on 911?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12635969_f260.jpg

2. lions44 profile image98
    lions44posted 2 years ago

While the immediate threat of organzied attacks on American soil has diminished (there are still lone wolf attacks) due to the dismantling of Al Quaeda and its allies, the threat remains very real for those in Europe and anyone flying/traveling overseas.  Egypt has had attacks weekly in both tourist and non-tourist areas.  Turkey has become ground zero for battling ISIS.  We now see the migrant crisis due to the Syrian Civil War,. While the problems in Syria are complex, Islamic exteremism is the most immediate. 
    Thailand, the Philippines, Maylasia, Indonesia and even China all face extremist threats now.  Unfortunately, the threats will be with us for years to come and I only hope that as some nations begin to prosper economically, the rise of religious fanatacism declines.

3. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 2 years ago

I don't think it was ever really a threat to the US. Honestly, the US is more a threat to itself than any other countries combined.

1. Terrex profile image79
      Terrexposted 2 years agoin reply to this

3000 people killed on one day and no threat? Islamist terrorists planning lone wolf attacks, some massive, every day and America is its own biggest threat?
      How?

2. lions44 profile image98
      lions44posted 2 years agoin reply to this

What a ridiculous statement.  Blame the victim.  Insulting to the people who died there. Guys from my high school and my neighborhood.  Good guys.  So on Sept. 11, just back off.

3. Terrex profile image79
      Terrexposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree, CJ Kelly.
      They don't seem to blame Palestinians who harbor terrorists and weapons in their schools, hospitals and homes, but blame the US for 911. It's leftie madness.

4. Old-Empresario profile image82
    Old-Empresarioposted 2 years ago

That question could come right out of Nineteen Eighty Four because it's rife with a political narrative rather than stemming from independent thought. It all depends on what one means by "civilized world". Is Russia civilized? Is the Syrian government civilized? Are drone strikes civilized? Muslim violence in general is greater now in the Middle East than it was in 2001.

working