Why is the naked body so offensive?

1. woahthere profile image62
    woahthereposted 2 years ago

Why is the naked body so offensive?

We were born this way , why is it a big deal even if people wear less or is a nudist?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image43
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

We should be thankful that people don't share their naked bodies in public, but at the same time it is ridiculous to make it a criminal offense.

I am sure that the existing laws, and culture started in the US with the Puritans and such, but that was a long time ago, and things have changed, not necessarily for the better but surely different.

The best argument against public nudity would be health and cleanliness reasons. We have too many existing laws, and new ones made every years, and public nudity with no evidence of sexuality should be an infraction at best. Focus should be on the serious and dangerous criminals.

I guess that old saying, if God wanted us to have clothes we would have been born with them, could be humorous.

With all of the laws concerning sexuality being removed, or unenforced, it is strange that public nudity is still being enforced as against the law. If we can make sodomy legal, then why can't public nudity be accepted?

While, I think there is nothing illegal about plain public nudity, I wouldn't be happy if it became the norm, There are just some things that we shouldn't see, at least not on a daily basis.

3. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

It bothers many people to see others' naked bodies. And it can make polite interactions hard if someone is trying to just go along and is constantly sexually aroused and harassed by others.

working