jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Isn't it time for the presidential candidates to discuss their political records

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image30
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

Isn't it time for the presidential candidates to discuss their political records?

Trump has been hit by all the other candidates for not having the right stuff, and part of that stuff is that he is not a politician. Shouldn't the voters compare the political records and the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of those politician candidates?
    Their record is more important for the voters to decide who is the best candidate. Ted Cruz for instance has a blah record as senator, and he has been a sen for 1 term and half of that term he has been sponging on the public tax money by campaigning for a new job, while not performing on his elected job.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12674803_f260.jpg

2. ElvisaM profile image79
    ElvisaMposted 2 years ago

YES! Another thing I would really like to see is for every candidate to show their previous views and why they stayed the same or why they changed. Example, Trump used to be pro choice, now it seems like he is preaching to suit his followers views. Hillary can't explain anything about Benghazi. Cruz isn't even sure if he is qualified to run, Rubio statements are only 18% true. Sanders... well I can't say too much negative about the guy. The only thing I had to do some research on is a 40 year old essay where he sounded sexist but explained that it was a poor attempt to show the male female differences in society. He seems the most genuine. Take that from me, a person that has gone to protests over Gaza war and is voting for a Jew. Not to mention, the man has rallied for civil rights of all for a long time, unlike many others. Not that any of the above matters, apparently.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image30
      bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree with most of your comment. The problem that I see with every presidential election is that we get fixated on social issues, while they are important they are not ones that government can fix, but they can make worse.

2. ElvisaM profile image79
      ElvisaMposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Youre right. But no matter how little the issue, it can't be risked. Candidates should be transparent and all of the information that applies (tax records, years in politics, achievements, agreement disagreements) should be readily given to the publi

3. bradmasterOCcal profile image30
      bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The point is that there hasn't been an airing of all the critical issues, and does it make sense to worry about the small stuff when you haven't addressed the BIG stuff?

4. ElvisaM profile image79
      ElvisaMposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Correct. This entire election is blind.

working