In the future, there will be increasing globalization & less national divisions

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

In the future, there will be increasing globalization & less national divisions which can be

interpreted as the so-called New World Order.  In your opinion, is this coming globalization-the New World Order a good or bad thing? Why? Why not?  Why are some people FEARFUL of this New World Order based upon pure hyperbole?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12420432_f260.jpg

2. lions44 profile image98
    lions44posted 2 years ago

While I'm not a global conspiracy guy and don't believe there are plots by various groups to take over the world. However, I don't believe that decreasing national divisions will be a good thing. The larger an organization becomes (in this case, the world), the less responsive it becomes to the individual.  That can only lead to more corruption.  There is still this belief that the "collective" is better than individual.  Group think run amok.  The U.N. is managed poorly because there are too many chefs ruining the broth.  And all nations are not equal.  To have massive equivocation across the globe would be disastrous.

Look at the EU. Many average Europeans are now beginning to question whether their voices are truly being heard on a variety of issues.  In the United States, the power of the Federal government is beginning to increase exponentially. The power of the Presidency has doubled over the past 20 years. 

I'm very wary of increasing globalization and decreasing individual rights all in the name of economic stability.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

The identity politics of the left are actually the opposite of coming together under one tent, assigning people to different tribes based on ethnicity.
    And tribalism has interfered with existing nations operating; it will certainly prevent one global government.

working