Do you think Presidential Executive Orders are constitutional?

1. yecall profile image70
    yecallposted 22 months ago

Do you think Presidential Executive Orders are constitutional?

2. lions44 profile image98
    lions44posted 22 months ago

Not according to most constitutional scholars. However, I believe the practice has gotten out of hand the past 25 years, especially on domestic issues. It has become common practice. No one seems to care.
    No President wants to work with Congress anymore. I don't want to hear the excuses of "they won't work with us." That's bull. Reagan got his legislation through by negotiating. Clinton did the same thing.  GW Bush issued a lot, but most were dealing with intelligence and defense issues.  I still don't like that either. 
    Obama has issued less than his predecessors, but overall  it's a cop out.  It means two of the branches of the Federal Government are not doing their job.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 22 months ago

They originally were minor things or items totally Constitutionally under the President's control, like Eisenhower ordering segregation of DC schools.
    Today, Obama is using them to change federal regulation enforcement to de facto enact legislation, and that is Unconstitutional. Think immigration deportation waivers for "DREAMERS", though it included teens that came across the border summer 2015, or saying oh, Title 9 now includes transgenders, we take away your money if you don't comply.