What are the issues that politcos ignore?
Like jobs, economy, affordable housing - stuff that matters to everyday people? Why are they ignored?
1. The economic attempted fixes of 2008 failed, because the government bailed out failing businesses that are still in the doldrums or spent billions on green energy projects that went bankrupt. (Solyndra was only the biggest, not the only one.) So some leaders ignore economic fixes for fear of making it worse or saying we tried X, Y and Z, don't bother with anything else.
2. Fixing roads and bridges is boring and gets little attention, so it isn't a priority.
3. Affordable housing is stopped by NIMBY who say don't build more housing in our area or change zoning to allow denser construction and taller condo complexes. End result, the housing that exists costs more - and officials are beholden to voters already in the district, not all the ones who want to move there.
4. If you support the rights of the transgender (mentally ill man in dress, fewer than a quarter who had male plumbing removed) or other exotic groups, it feels like a civil rights issue with consequences you won't actually have to deal with. And it distracts from political corruption or other unpopular acts.
5. The negative effects of legal and illegal immigration are written off as racism, and many who are concerned won't address the problem for fear of the name-calling.
why you think only men consider themselves transgender? Aren't there women transgender also? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article … onths.html
Big Government. Clerks etc. in the government don't make much, but lawyers sure do. How many lawyers have been hired by the government in the last 8 years. How come so many senators are so wealthy?
by Kathryn L Hill 3 years ago
What is the cause?What are the causes?Wondering.https://www.google.com/search?client=sa … gws_rd=sslP.S. Trolls welcome as comic relief.
by Grace Marguerite Williams 6 years ago
The homeless situation needs to be resolved. With the escalating socioeconomic and unemployment crises, foreclosures in housing, rising/prohibitive rents, and lack of affordable housing, the homeless situation is slowly becoming epidemic. Yes, the issue of homeless is a...
by Marc Lee 2 years ago
What are your views of artistic affordable housing? Have you seen it work in your neighborhood?
by HairByHoneyBee 7 years ago
Give me some feed back about this. I have come across a lot of people asking me about my hair and my daughter's hair.
by rhamson 2 years ago
Here we go folks. in our race to the bottom and the stagnant wages the housing market is now becoming not affordable to many. The next step is trying to make the housing fit the incomes. Maybe we can loosen some of those restrictions and build the houses cheap enough out of cardboard. The market...
by Scott S Bateman 18 months ago
Should Trump ban transgender troops in the military? Why or why not?
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|