Rescue Me...…...RESCUE M-E......

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (23 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 2 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13010811.jpg
    Why do some Americans want the government to provide low cost or even free education, housing, & healthcare?  There are some among such Americans who want universal income.   There is also an underlying animus against those who are more socioeconomically successful- indicating that the latter obtained such success through less than honest means.   These Americans want more equalization of income across the board, not considering that pay is correlated to educational & skill levels.   There are people who refuse to make the necessary sacrifices to achieve their goals- they feel that the government should provide EVERYONE w/a comfortable lifestyle.   Your thoughts on this!

1. The0NatureBoy profile image46
      The0NatureBoyposted 2 months agoin reply to this

You say free education, housing, & healthcare, the only way to get those things is to live ecologically. Almost all governments around the earth are money greedy and the only way they will provide Freebies of anything is when they know it will make some Corporation or Industry mega-millions. Therefore medicine companies want them to give free health care. If the Housing Industry could figure a way to make mega millions they'd want free housing. The free schooling for people's first 12 years is enough free schooling because Banks want the mega-millions in student loans they get in return.

Prior to human's controlling other human became the norm human's had universal income because all they required was air, food, water and wisdom enough to get it; all we human's have to do is go back to that and we would also Educate ourselves and have everything we need except anything to allow us bragging rights over everyone else. WHO wants a life without Bragging Rights?

If my skill is to be a broom pushing toilet cleaner my skill is needed to comfort those on the assembly lines or computers, making sells, pushing papers, counting the income and overseeing it all, so why should anyone's salary be any different from mine? Since all of that is required to finance the company why should I get $15 an hour, the assemblers $25, the computer operators $30, the overseer $300 and CEO $300,000 an hour? do that really make sense?

That is what the preamble's We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America. interpretation reveals. The Constitution goes on and say This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding so why not obey the supreme law of the nation and have the government should provide EVERYONE w/a comfortable lifestyle since our tax dollars - more than rich corporations' - is where the government's revenues come from?

1. Jodah profile image91
        Jodahposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I agree.

2. Jodah profile image91

A comfortable lifestyle means different things to different people. To some it may mean a Ferrari parked in the garage that is too good to drive while they have two other vehicles to drive everywhere, a vacation home on the coast to park their yacht, Moët and Chandon with every meal. To those on the poverty line it is: a regular roof over their head, at least two meals a day, enough money to pay their bills like electricity, and send their children to school.

3. Eastward profile image93
      Eastwardposted 2 months agoin reply to this

I can certainly see the desire for the government to step in (whether you believe government is the correct solution or not) to address the skyrocketing costs of tuition, housing, and healthcare. In the US, generally more time is required to complete a degree than a majority of other countries and at a much higher cost. Our graduates are late to the game, over-encumbered with student loan debt, often lacking or holding insufficient healthcare policies, and generally more stressed because of all these issues. Of course the healthcare issue affects those that are not graduates as well and are probably the group that UBI is most appealing to. If you are doing some excruciating task for minimum wage just because you are cheaper than installation and maintenance of a robot, UBI may look like a very attractive way to go. More and more of these low-skill jobs will likely go the route of automation anyway and we're not very well prepared as a society for that transition. While there are some people that aren't as intelligent or motivated, data shows that the biggest indicator of financial success is the class you are born into.

I don't think that the US has an unusual number of lazy individuals. In fact, after working around the globe, I think that the average US job requires a very high level of dedication and focus while allowing little room for work-life balance (of course there are always outliers). Do I think we should level everyone economically speaking? No. Do I think that we need to reform our system to better care for our citizens and prepare them to be competitive in a global economy? Yes, most certainly. With an economic gap that more realistically reflects the variances in human motivation and intelligence, I think we'll be on a much more sustainable path.

2. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 2 months ago

I tried totally self sustainable eco village and tiny housing 3 times, and fail due to the Government and the greedy interference and unreasonable laws..

Affordable housing and community works best. Tring again in eastern Canada and in Colombia. This time, I got the POWER.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 2 months agoin reply to this

What unreasonable laws are preventing tiny houses?

Electrical safety codes?  Requirements for kitchens, with certain amenities?  Building codes designed to promote long life of the building?  Lot requirements designed to maintain values of surrounding homes?  HOA rules?  Laws like California's, designed to require earthquake or hurricane resistant buildings?

Do you mean affordable housing or just super cheap, bottom of the pile, housing?  One mans "affordable house" is another mans mansion, after all.

1. Castlepaloma profile image75
        Castlepalomaposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Greatest problem for homeless is affordable housing.  Most people are a few paychecks from being homeless. I can solve most of homeless problem with a self sustainable community of tiny houses. A shelter is not a home and a jail cells are booming.

Every where I go pioneering all this green selfsubstanable housing for the pass 15 years. They tell me a house can be minimize to 1200 square feet and totally on corporation grid. Young people can not afford this anymore. I can build a tiny house in weeks. Where people are unhappy paying a 30 year mortgage for a house unhealthier, and won't last as long as my tiny houses or a faction cost of the matinance.  Average house today 2500 square ft, it only cost a million dollars when your done.

gmwilliamsposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Castlepaloma, yes, the MAJORITY of people are from 1/2 to 2 paychecks away from homelessness.  However, these people were RESPONSIBLE for their life choices.   No one made them adopt struggling/middling lifestyles.  Whose fault is it that such people are from 1/2 to 2 paychecks away from homelessness?  Really, WHOSE fault is it?

In the 60s I only saw a alcoholics bum in an alley way no sign of homelessness or even mention from the Government. The 80s homeless was noticed with the trickle down to the poor policy came in to play.

George Carlin quoted saying
            The upper class: keeps all of the money, pays none of the taxes.  The middle class: pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.  The poor are there...just to scare the sh_t out of the middle class."  -

Maybe extreme because it is comedy. How much truth is it on the economic and social classes in America?

It is a war on poverty and classes and most people are loosing.When I am disallowed by the wealthy to serve the health and well beings of any fellow human beings. The injustices system is not working and wealthy criminals and their government minions are overwhelmingly running everything and are at fault.

2. MizBejabbers profile image89
            MizBejabbersposted 2 months agoin reply to this

Not all people choose this, and only someone born with a silver spoon in his/her mouth would believe that. We can't all be Einsteins or Warren Buffetts. Sometimes circumstances are beyond their control. Illness in the family can be financially devastating.
            Years ago I found myself in that plight through a bad choice I made to marry a man who was able to keep his selfishness and misogyny hidden until after we said "I do". I should have left before I got pregnant two months later, but my then-Christian faith taught me that a woman was subservient to her husband (I left that crap behind, too). His alcohol and drug abuse 10 years later caused us to be in the position of too much month left at the end of the money, and then his abuse drove me out of the marriage. A few years later, I finished college, (which he would not allow me to do) got a good job and had money in the bank and finished raising our children.
            My older son got a good college education and had a good corporate job as a systems analyst to support his family, then his work was sent to India. His wife, who was home schooling the children, was forced to go back to work. It was several years before the computer economy in this country recovered, and he was able to be a successful provider for his family. In the meantime, he worked at convenience stores and as a temp for the government. It took him three years as a temp for the government before he was hired permanently.
            I could go on and on with examples, but you get the picture. I know there are some people who would love to lie around and do nothing while the "worker bees" provide them with a living. There will always be those folks. But don't accuse every worker who is down on his or her luck of laziness. I don't think this demand for a $15 an hour minimum wage would have come about if these minimum wage paying industries didn't have so many laid-off corporate workers, like my son was, filling these jobs out of desperation.

1. lovetherain profile image72
              lovetherainposted 2 months agoin reply to this

yep

2. Jodah profile image91

Well said. +1

3. The0NatureBoy profile image46

gmwilliams, when someone is at home with themselves they don't need pack checks to have a home since the earth is theirs. They don't need paychecks to eat, for clothes, body odor changing stuff and all of the otherstuff having to be in close confines with others require you to depend on to remain the slave to a [b]paycheck[/b[.

gmwilliams, when someone is at home with themselves they don't need pack checks to have a home since the earth is theirs. They don't need paychecks to eat, for clothes, body odor changing stuff and all of the other stuff one has to have to be in close confines with others require you to depend on to remain the slave to your paycheck.

How exactly are you supposed to live, in this day and age, without money?

gmwilliamsposted 2 months agoin reply to this

THANK YOU, one CAN'T leave without money!

2. The0NatureBoy profile image46

Just claim the freedom man had before we were transformed into human and woman, like deer, moose and all other undomesticated life or discarnate working toward that end. When anyone reads AND INTERPRET THE SYMBOLS of Isaiah 7:14-22 it suggest we are in those days when the only way to b e left upon the land is by doing it. Here is how I interpret it.

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. In man is god.
                  Butter (civilization made) and honey (environmentally produced) shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, (civilization) and choose the good. (environmental living)
                  For before the child shall know to refuse the evil, and choose the good, the land (death) that thou abhorrest (Dread or is afraid of) shall be forsaken of both her kings. (God and Devil, then it talks about "the Great Tribulation" and say that is how the survivors must live to do it.)
                  The Lord shall bring upon thee, and upon thy people, and upon thy father's house, days that have not come, from the day that Ephraim departed from Judah; even the king of Assyria.
                  And it shall come to pass in that day, that the Lord shall hiss for the fly that is in the uttermost part of the rivers of Egypt, and for the bee that is in the land of Assyria.
                  And they shall come, and shall rest all of them in the desolate valleys, and in the holes of the rocks, and upon all thorns, and upon all bushes.
                  In the same day shall the Lord shave with a razor that is hired, namely, by them beyond the river, by the king of Assyria, the head, and the hair of the feet: and it shall also consume the beard.
                  And it shall come to pass in that day, that a man shall nourish a young cow, and two sheep;
                  And it shall come to pass, for the abundance of milk that they shall give he shall eat butter: for butter and honey shall every one
                  NOTE the every one) eat that is left in the land.

How exactly

3. Castlepaloma profile image75
    Castlepalomaposted 2 months ago

Here is a few long term things that work well for me related to money. I was among the top 7% of the wealthiest for 30 years. Oddly I am happier with a little less money today.

1. Give money if you want money, much like love. For all we have in life is what we give away.
    2. Stay within yours means, don't depend on the American dream. Because you have to be asleep to experience it.
    3. Love what you do, or you cannot master life.
    4. Most do not like their job. So, deep like or love your job and you will do a great job and the money will come.
    5. Life success, disire, attitudes, focus in that order and least important talent.

True when one want to live of the world but when they want to live in the world but not of it environmental living is the thing to live and once one experience the actual freedom of it I don't think they will want to return as it was with me.

We are bio-organism first. We forget we came from the earth like all other earthling species. If we don't glue our love for the planet together. We will certainly destroy ourselves with our brains. The only natural talent we got over all animals..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)