jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

If you were ruler of a country, lets call it Abacus Island, what would be the fi

1. threekeys profile image81
    threekeysposted 21 months ago

If you were ruler of a country, lets call it Abacus Island, what would be the first law you'd make?

I found this challenging. I couldn't prioritise. How about you?

2. profile image61
    peter565posted 21 months ago

Well, will I be King, Prime Minister or President. King get to stay in power for as long as he want, President is only be in power for at most 8 years, Prime Minister isn't the head of state. I rather be the King.

My first law would be my guiding principle, "All men are equals, the law of the state, is to enforce peace and harmony for the state and between the people, all law should be create to serve the purpose of maintaining peace and harmony between people, within the state."

My second law would be an "anti inquisition law" I don't care what religion you are, but you cannot conduct act of discrimination and persecution upon another, base on your own religion law or view.

After that I would appoint a strong Prime Minister, who would be a strong administrator.

threekeysposted 21 months agoin reply to this

I like your first two laws!
      And yes we need a well suited administrator

2. profile image61
      peter565posted 21 months agoin reply to this

smile

3. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 21 months ago

How about adopting the Constitution of the United States? It has been the model of good government for over 200 years.

threekeysposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Food for thought

4. PeterStip profile image72
    PeterStipposted 21 months ago

Laws are interconnected, so one law does not make much sense.
    I do not believe in royalty, a leader should be elected so I would be a president for a term of four years.
    The laws I would implant are:
    Freedom of speech
    Freedom of religion
    Free education obligatory up to 18 years of age.
    Free excess to clean water
    Guns are prohibited
    Minimum wage
    Tax according to income
    Free health system
    Religions pay tax on property.
    Affordable housing, no speculation on the house market
    No private banks.
    electricity , water and public transport are not to be privatised.
    Income for man and woman are equal
    There should be a minimum of 5 political parties so a government is always a coalition.
    The president has no veto right. And rules for a maximum of 2 terms, each term is 4 years.

Probable there's more to think about but that's it for now,

1. jackclee lm profile image81
      jackclee lmposted 21 months agoin reply to this

You lost me after the first two laws. Where do you propose all this "free stuff" come from?

2. PeterStip profile image72
      PeterStipposted 21 months agoin reply to this

Tax, as said religions have to pay tax too. The super rich have to pay tax too. Not like now, like Trump doesn't pay a cent and Buffett and the like have to pay according to income. Less money to the army.

5. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 21 months ago

Humorously . . . Today is declared the first holiday. :-)

working