jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Are you Pro or Con? Death with Dignity, assisted suicide.

1. ptosis profile image82
    ptosisposted 20 months ago

Are you Pro or Con? Death with Dignity, assisted suicide.

Palliative care is pain medication only, My friend died in a hospice. They removed IV hydration and it took two weeks for him to die. During that time he went into constant convulsions and it took 8 doctors in a meeting to decide to give him non-palliative anti seizure Rx because it was distressing for the hospice employees.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13044352_f260.jpg

2. IslandBites profile image88
    IslandBitesposted 20 months ago

Are you Pro or Con? I am pro death with dignity.

3. tirelesstraveler profile image81
    tirelesstravelerposted 20 months ago

Palliative care means keeping patient comfortable. Being in a constant siezure is horrifying. This should never been allowed to happen in hospice. When a person is dying their systems slow down until all stop functioning. To pump a person whose kidneys have failed with an IV wouldn't be pretty.  This sounds more like assisted suicide.

4. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 20 months ago

The problem with "death with dignity" is in the EU where it went from being terminal patients to killing babies without the parents' consent based on a doctor's review, letting the depressed kill themselves without bothering to counsel them, letting teens kill themselves without telling parents.
    And that is separate from people pressed to kill themselves because the families get the inheritance sooner and without paying for end of life care.

1. ptosis profile image82
      ptosisposted 20 months agoin reply to this

first time I hear this. Is this in Denmark?

5. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
    bradmasterOCcalposted 20 months ago

I have seen doctors and hospitals cause the deaths of their patients, although they were not assisting the patient death. Sadly, they were entrusted with keeping them alive.

So a doctor intended assisted death would be a better thing. The non assisted doctor deaths only benefited those that could bill while the patient was alive.

Hospice, is really assisted patient death, but this is a brutal elongated process with the only intention is the death of the person. So replace hospice with immediate doctor assisted death.

Anything less is pathetic, and without dignity.
    people should be able to end their life for whatever their reasons, as long as it only ends their life.

working