jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

Has VP Joe Biden realized as yet that he could have been elected POTUS? He was o

1. Perspycacious profile image81
    Perspycaciousposted 19 months ago

Has VP Joe Biden realized as yet that he could have been elected POTUS? He was owed it not Mrs. C.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
    bradmasterOCcalposted 19 months ago

Demas
    He might have been owed the democrat pick but he hasn't done anything to warrant being president. He did have the opportunity to challenge HRC but declined for "personal" reasons.
    President Obama had Biden on a short no barking leash for 8 years.
    He was one of the most outspoken senators, but no barks since being VP.

Perspycaciousposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Points well-taken.  I assert that as much as American voters view both the final party nominees as unacceptable, Joe Biden would have been the more acceptable of the three, and thus he could have won in 2016.

2. MizBejabbers profile image90
      MizBejabbersposted 19 months agoin reply to this

OK, I get your point, Obama is black, Hillary is a woman, Biden is a white male therefore he would have made a better president than either.

3. MizBejabbers profile image90
    MizBejabbersposted 19 months ago

I don't understand your statement that he was "owed" it. Why? I don't believe the office of POTUS is owed to anybody. That might be the viewpoint of European royalty.
    He might have been able to have been elected, but he was in such a state of grief and anguish, which I understand, that he probably would not have been an effective campaigner. I don't believe sympathy would have gotten him elected.

Biden served Obama longer than "Teflon Donna" and hel[ped B. H. O. win the presidency twice.  But, Bill and Hillary were the real "kingmakers" and Obama owed them, while Biden mourned.  Thus, Mrs. C. got the President's nod and continuing support.

Republican crock. The Chicago old time party bosses pushed Obama into the forefront and history shows that even a black man comes before any woman in politics (suffragette). Hillary wanted the presidency too bad for them to have been his kingmakers.

4. tamarawilhite profile image94
    tamarawilhiteposted 19 months ago

There is no right to a political office by anyone.
    And presuming that we must rely on candidates who are related by blood or marriage or close social ties to current and recent candidates is what leads to an aristocracy - everyone else is shut out because they aren't considered to have the right connections to the rightful rulers.

You are correct that a legitimate, independent "outsider" is a threat to the current "insiders"  system.  Mr. Trump, for all his faux pas, is that legitimate, independent "outsider" threat.  Some Americans recognize that and are excited it's happened

Demas, do you honestly believe that the volatile Trump, (Putin's "buddy")  is suited to handling Chinese leader Xi Jinping or North Korea‚Äôs Kim Jong-un without starting WWIII or getting us nuked? He's not exactly Mr. Congeniality, you know.

working