What is exactly going on in Turkey?
Anyone close to the situation can explain it?
It'a little MURKY at the MOMENT, looks like a COUP Attempt, but Honestly, could U IMAGINE "Delusional Donald" Trump, VP Pence, Newt Gingrich, Pysical Fitness GURU Chris Christie, Sister Sarah Palin, & Sheriff Arpaio Huddled around a TABLE Tryin' to Figure OUT Where Turkey is on the MAP !!!
1. The country of Turkey was founded a century ago as a secular state, the military is the bastion of secularism.
2. The current dictator is moving in a religious direction, from allowing head scarves to saying people from religious schools knowing nothing but the Koran can go to college or hold public school teaching jobs. End result - erosion of secularism.
3. He was revealed to be supporting ISIS to attack Kurds, who are more liberal than most Iraqis and western Turks. He wants them to attack the Kurds in the western part of his country and northern Iraq, because he's afraid Kurds will try to unite into a new, Kurdish nation.
4. He's been suppressing the liberal secular Turks protesting since at least 2013, saying he can ignore it because he's following Allah's will. Democracy dies when the leader can say he's doing the deity's will.
5. The secular military was trying to overthrow the dictator both on the basis of his ignoring the will of the people and the underlying secular nature of the state.
by Kathryn L Hill4 years ago
For an atheist, what is his/her state of happiness based on? Do atheists have more free will? Do they have more love in their hearts? Do they have more hope in their ability to survive? Are they more sociable and...
by Khawaja Iqbal10 months ago
Does "Liberalism" and "Secularism" are two different things ?
by Jack Lee12 months ago
In discussion here on hubpages, we hear some accuses religion people of being judgemental and more over accuses religious people of forcing their believes and policies on the American people through laws...That is not...
by Alexander A. Villarasa7 years ago
Secularism, in tandem with other belief systems i.e. atheism/agnosticism, objectivism, reductionism, aim to , ultimately eliminate religion/sprituality/, mysticism/transcendentalism and , metaphysics from ...
by Cassie Smith6 years ago
Christianity has shifted from its concentration in Europe and America to spread to Asia and Africa according to the Pew Research Center. It used to be that 93% of Christians could be found in Europe (66.3%) and...
by aoiffe3797 years ago
During a program that allowed comments from people on the street, one individual was asked what can be done to stop crime. The response was to accept Jesus Christ as Lord and be baptized. An individual who was viewing...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.