jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Is Clinton trying to get the female vote by pushing it as a woman's rights issue

1. iggy7117 profile image79
    iggy7117posted 21 months ago

Is Clinton trying to get the female vote by pushing it as a woman's rights issue  wrong?

I feel the president should be elected by their record and what they plan to do for the country. Getting the female vote just because you are female is as bad as Obama getting the black vote because he was black, and you see what that got us. Is it wrong to vote for someone because of color or gender instead of their abilities?

2. ptosis profile image73
    ptosisposted 21 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13127763_f260.jpg

I don't watch the same tv ads as you do, so I really can't comment. I'm only here to point out that the same could be said for the 'white' & 'male' vote or the Protestant vs Catholic vs Mormon vote. Pointing out a female, transgender , or black doesn't mean those are the only ones in existence.

Nobody is saying 'vote for me because I'm (fill in any here)'. So for you to mention it makes me question where did you get this idea from. One  of Clinton's TV Ads? Or a talking head on Faux?

1. iggy7117 profile image79
      iggy7117posted 21 months agoin reply to this

We must watch different television completely, because I heard and saw Clinton talking about breaking the glass ceiling for women. She was asking for their votes to accomplish it at a higher level by becoming president.

I got it from Clinton.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 21 months ago

It is the same hype as "vote for Obama because he's black", except instead of being unqualified, she's demonstrably corrupt and inept.

working