Women in the military. Your opinion

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)
  1. devilpupwood95 profile image59
    devilpupwood95posted 14 years ago

Okay, so i am a Devil Pup. For you who don't know what that is it means when i turn 17 i'm swearing into the United States Marine Corp. I am a female, clearly, duh. But I want to know what your thoughts are for women being in the military.

For Boys&Men: Do you view military women different then civilian women? Would you date/treat a military woman the same? Do you think it makes her more powerful?

For Girls: Would you allow a woman in the military to be your best friend? Would you trust them the same? Would you look at them the same? Or would you look at them as more manly and kinda shun them?

I want to know what you guys think. I have only known military since I was a baby, I even attend a Military Academy for high school. So to me, that's normal, but i know alot of teens my age don't look at me the same way. So i want to know! Please give me your opinion.

1. h.a.borcich profile image60
      h.a.borcichposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi,
         I take it you are all of 16 if you will be signing up when you turn 17, and that is so young. Have you the benefit of your Mom's input with this major life decision?
         My son signed up when he was 18, and came of age while serving in Iraq. As his Mom, it was the longest 18 months in my life. I can not even imagine having a daughter serving in a war at 17. It is an honorable, but difficult life.
         Please be sure of yourself and your choices, glad you are asking others for input. Holly smile

1. devilpupwood95 profile image59
        devilpupwood95posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am actually going on 15. I come from a military family. My mom was going to enlist in the Marines, but she had a newborn under 3 years old, and a spouse who was deployed, she supports me 100% This has been my dream since i was about 8. My dad is in the army but loves the fact i am going military, and my grandfather was in Vietnam, my uncle was in the Marines,My other uncle, and aunt was in the Air Force. So I am completely surrounded with military, so that's why I am looking for other peoples input, because they all support me and see nothing wrong with it.

1. tantrum profile image60
          tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

then I suggest you say this is a joke, because you're not allowed here under 18.
          Or delete this account and come with one new.
          I wouldn't like you banned.But maybe someone will report you.

2. The Rope profile image61
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

I have a friend who retired as a captain in the air force.  She's been writing online for years.  Suggest you start with this site and move to her other writings:  http://www.angelfire.com/ok/4equity/captbarb.html

and where's "rmcrayne"??? She needs to answer this...

3. devilpupwood95 profile image59

thanks, I will definitely check it out! smile

4. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Welcome to hubpages, DPW and thank you for wanting to become a Marine. I appreciate the sacrafices that you will make. Good luck to you. And in my opinion if a friend of mine wanted to join the military I will support her 100%. smile I'm married into the military myself

5. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 14 years ago

nothing wrong with women in the military as long as its for the right reason. If its to pretend to be powerful then no because its not a game when bullets and mortars are flying but if its because of a sense of patriotism and honor its all good. But yes SOME military women do seem more assertive and kinda sexy. Be prepared because big SGT. Martha's gonna try to break ya by calling you pretty girl and pretty bitch( not that you probably are - i'm just saying). Your pic reminds me of Pink ( must be the cool hat) although I don't know how tough she is but she's definitely got charisma!

I'm married and twice your age so don't take that 'pretty' comment as hitting on you - again i'm just sayin'!

6. devilpupwood95 profile image59

Crazdwriter thank you very much, and that's great. Military spouses are the main reason our military men and women stay so strong. My father is in Iraq right now, and i know how much he depends on my mom for emotional support.

Mel: your exactly right. as I said i attend a military academy myself, and we only have 11 females and most of them are there for the guys. You can also tell because when we PT or when we are marching, they are always the ones to mess up and fall out. Lol and I understand. lol and i get that alot. But you should see my mom, she has Pinks hairstyle and everything, she looks dead on her.

Thanks for your guy's opinions!

1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I hope your dad comes home soon, DPW! *hugs* to you and your family for being so strong for your dad right now as he fights in Iraq

7. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

I see nothing "wrong" with it either.
    I'm just old-fashioned (yep, there's still a few of us around)  and think it's more a man's job and duty to both provide for the family and protect the nation.

But that's just me.
    Hey, you didn't really ask for women's opinions....you said girls and boys/men.

But I hope you don't mind me putting my 2 cents in.

8. mel22 profile image61
    mel22posted 14 years ago

You're other pic was better but had I known I was talking to someone fourteen about to turn fifteen rather than someone about to turn 18 I would've  probably refrained making that comment about 'pretty' bi#ch .. you should really  watch how you portray yourself as it really could get people in trouble as Tantrum said.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)