jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (12 posts)

The burkini (or burqini) ban - Good or Bad?

1. ptosis profile image74
    ptosisposted 20 months ago

The  burkini (or burqini) ban - Good or Bad?

French burkini ban,

Come - on!  What if I had a full body wetsuit because the water is cold? This reminds me of the days of the 'bloomer' ban because it showed to much! What is your take on this?

To me there is no PC reason for this at all. It is bigotry IMHO because I could wear whatever as long as I don't show my religion?  That's like the ban on wearing crosses in Saudi Arabic that our armed forces have to hide their religion! I think this is  wrong.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13164909_f260.jpg

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 20 months ago

I think the French have got themselves into a situation with all the Arab-Islamic immigrants, and now they can not get themselves out of that situation. So they're no longer able to make good decisions.

The whole nation is probably in a state of mild panic at all times now. But because their birth rate dropped so low they had to allow in a lot of immigrants to maintain the workforce. Wild deal, isn't it? Wasn't France once known for wild sex parties and such? I guess everyone is on birth control. And abortions are likely common.

Well, they let all the immigrants in, and now they don't know what to do. The burkini ban is ludicrous. France, of all nations, ought to know better than to try to regulate the way women dress. It is an absurd turn of events.

ptosisposted 20 months agoin reply to this

I agree. Not very free if dictate that a female is wearing "too Much" huh? It is anti-everything that France was supposed to be a symbol of IMHO. What if the person was sun sensitive due to Rx, Wow,it is totally absurd the weak reasoning is.

2. profile image0
      PeterStipposted 20 months agoin reply to this

Wesman your talking gibberish,  if everybody is on birth abortions cant be a common thing. FACT: there are less abortions in France per 1000 woman then in the US. in France it's 12 per 1,000 in the US 19 per 1,000 women.

3. ptosis profile image74
    ptosisposted 20 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13164999_f260.jpg

Dumb Laws in New York:

In Ocean City, NY - A law from the early 1900’s prohibits men from going topless on the Boardwalk.

Can transgender men go topless? Sure, Women may go topless in public, providing it is not being used as a business.

Yeah! French court ovetrurned an unnecessary crackdown on a nonexistent problem.

4. Ericdierker profile image54
    Ericdierkerposted 20 months ago

That was the work of some crackpot mayors. The admin court in France promptly smashed and enjoined such a stupid mandate.
    Sounds like San Francisco having "amnesty/sanctuary laws in reverse.

Why was such an ordinance reversed? Because it is just plain silly.
    We note it is the 70th anniversary of the Bikini and that women were fined in France for wearing those lack of imagination outfits.
    It is great being a middle aged white fat man with man boobs. It works well with sun block - it is illegal for us to take our shirts off at the beach. Or at least that is what my kids tell me ;-)

Fashion Police are out of control. TSA worker demanded that I take scarf off, Confused I said, "It's just cloth." Take IT OFF" he growled.  It was Feb in NY & returning 2 HI,  It  was cold. Now this Frog video https://youtu.be/cY3oimFTXKM

5. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 20 months ago

I agree that face coverings should be banned for security reasons, whether masks or the niqab.
    I see no issue with the burkini or hijab as long as the face is visible, as long as any Muslim men forcing it on Muslim women or harassing non-Muslim women for not covering up are whipped or otherwise severely punished. For example, the Muslim refugees stabbing and assaulting local women for wearing shorts should be hung publicly for the safety of all women and women's rights. Ditto any man who throws acid on a woman for not wearing a veil o r beats his daughter for wearing Western styles.

Great answer!

6. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 19 months ago

One of your respondents touch on the issue already. The issue is that there are an apparently growing number of non-Muslim French citizens who are afraid that Muslims wearing long, loose, flowing garments are --- wait for it --- hiding bombs on their persons. That's the "security reasons" she was talking about, I'm sure.

Another respondent indicated that the French administrative court overruled that statute. But fear is the issue, fear that long, loose, flowing Muslim garments are concealing bombs. You are showing a picture of a very fashion-forward looking burkini, which I wouldn't have a problem with.

But fear can be relentless. Maybe the bomb is very thin... Maybe the bomb is in her bra...

Relentless... What will the French do first? Close down the beaches or ban Muslims from them?

ptosisposted 19 months agoin reply to this

Could be a implanted butt bomb and the TSA have bomb sniffing dogs behind a wall with a glory hole, so not to scare the passengers - funny but useless. Kim Kardashin may be hiding something

working