Dumb Laws in your state - dumb or reasonable?

1. ptosis profile image82
    ptosisposted 18 months ago

Dumb Laws in your state - dumb or reasonable?

In Arizona, cannot refuse a person water. Which makes sense, it is very hot and dry. What gets me is that they had to put it in law for treating another person humanely.  At Dumblaw.com  see if there is any that strikes you as totally a sick sign of society to have to make whatever it is into a law. In Tombstone- It is illegal for anyone over 18 to have less than one missing tooth visible when smiling. Yeah, it's a tourist town and it is a joke law. Find out in your home state a dumblaw and perhaps be astounded and surprised.  Tombstone, "The Town Too Tough To Die"

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13164989_f260.jpg

2. Paxash profile image97
    Paxashposted 18 months ago

I'm currently living in Louisiana, and two on the state's list stuck out to me. The first is that you can't steal crawfish. This makes perfect sense to me. Crawfish is serious business. (Yes, I know it only says commercial crawfish from farms, shh...)

The second was that you can't perform rituals that involve ingesting blood, urine, or fecal matter. Well...I imagine that has to do with Voodoo culture, considering that's the only kind of ritual I can imagine being performed. I don't know much about Voodoo, but I also think the people who made this law didn't either. (There were also bits in the law about not harming animals or children, which is obviously perfectly reasonable, but still.)

1. ptosis profile image82
      ptosisposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Ew, so apparently, it perfectly OK  to ingest blood, urine or fecal matter if eaten in a non-ritualistic way. Like hot dogs because 90% of Meat Samples Contain Fecal Bacteria &  Urine smells like hot dog water. Let's eat up!

working