What do you rely on to be "an informed citizen?"

1. Perspycacious profile image80
    Perspycaciousposted 19 months ago

What do you rely on to be "an informed citizen?"

Surely 15-20 minutes of a half-hour network newscast (the rest being commercials) or even 55 minutes or less of PBS, cannot cover our rapidly changing, inter-connected world and national news; or can it?
    If you feel you are well-informed, or fairly well-informed, how do you do it? (Local, state, regional, national, world news and understanding.)

2. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 18 months ago

There is simply too much information concerning the state and federal government, and all the big news stories in the nation to keep up with it all.

Then you add in international news too, you're left to where you constantly have to filter through things to determine what is or is not important to you.

Tv news is often trash. I almost never watch televised news, it's more like tabloid. And I'm constantly insulted by the way the television news people try to imply how you are supposed to think. I hate television news.

I do read some of the Dallas Morning News almost every day. Reading is always preferable. Oh the DMN certainly has a liberal spin on everything. It is at least a gentle spin.

Internet news is possibly even worse than television news. Most internet news articles exist purely to inflame the reader.