jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How can the mainstream media regain the trust of Americans?

1. aasl profile image77
    aaslposted 18 months ago

How can the mainstream media regain the trust of Americans?

2. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 18 months ago

1. Stop putting the political agenda ahead of the reporting.
    2. Stop refusing to cover stories that hurt figures the liberal media supports.
    3. Report in an unbiased way for years, in contrast to years of demonstrably biased reporting we've had that have officially gone propaganda.

The irony is the "fact checking" that is almost always only against Republicans and not Democrats, so in the name of "truth", it is more propaganda. And that goes back years, too.

Who’s Checking the Fact Checkers?
    http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/pet … epublicans

Conservatives Are Right: The Media Is Very Liberal

But I don't think this will change soon because liberals have so ingrained various stereotypes of conservatives that they now cite those stereotypes in hiring in college, supposedly bastions of free thought, so the people training the next generation of academics and reporters are VERY biased.

Survey shocker: Liberal profs admit they’d discriminate against conservatives in hiring, advancement
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 … re-biased/

1. aasl profile image77
      aaslposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide such a detailed answer. You're right, I don't think it's going to be any time soo. The popular media outlets are already losing a lot of power to internet news sources.

3. profile image58
    Unicorn777posted 14 months ago

No. News has legally been deemed entertainment and does not nor is required to provide facts or evidence when reporting on any issue or events.in Feb of 2004 Fox News sued their own reporters Jane Aker and Steve Wilson for refusing to report grossly undercut numbers regarding the amounts of growth hormone levels in beef... Fox News WON THE RIGHT TO LIE when reporting "News". Trust the media???? Never....Get my own sources...and watch what's happening in the background.