jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Do you think the VP debate will have a higher impact with the undecided?

1. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 16 months ago

Do you think the VP debate will have a higher impact with the undecided?

2. Ericdierker profile image56
    Ericdierkerposted 16 months ago

Tim, a while back I would give press conferences on matters of local concern. I was advised well and early to completely ignore any question and respond with a quotable statement. Truth or debating issues was a total waste of time. You need a pizzazz one liner quote. The debater that understands that will do great. The fool who gives lengthy substantive answer that really respond to the question --- is actually quite foolish. I am not sure what we call that now - maybe tweets. But we called them sound bites.

1. tsmog profile image82
      tsmogposted 16 months agoin reply to this

I agree with the direction you are going Eric. Communication has changed hasn't it. An interesting article to read is Modern News Consumer / Pew Reseach http://www.journalism.org/2016/07/07/th … -consumer/

3. Ken Burgess profile image89
    Ken Burgessposted 16 months ago

What do you mean by 'higher impact'?

I think it should have more impact than say last year's VP debate, last year the candidates were younger and in better physical condition than these two candidates.

The chances that Clinton or Trump's (ages 68 and 70) health fails or that they face impeachment (neither is popular with Congress/People and both have issues) is real enough to be concerned about.

1. tsmog profile image82
      tsmogposted 16 months agoin reply to this

I misstated the question Ken. I meant more impact than the presidential debates. Just curious from the perspective of the undecided.

4. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 16 months ago

No. I think most people have already made up their minds. The only change I foresee is one of the results of the first Presidential debate, where Trump had been smeared as a dictator wanna-be and showed himself to be a flawed but reasoned character. That made some who despise Clinton's corruption and stolen primary nomination see that he's not evil incarnate, and may lead some to give themselves permission to vote for him - or not vote for Clinton.

working