jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Who won the VP debate last night?

1. aasl profile image79
    aaslposted 18 months ago

Who won the VP debate last night?

2. Kathleen Cochran profile image81
    Kathleen Cochranposted 18 months ago

Who won the VP debate last night?  The networks.

3. promisem profile image98
    promisemposted 18 months ago

That "liberal media" network CNN produced a poll saying that Pence won.

Personally, I thought Kaine did much better than expected and won with more substance on issues and effective attacks on Trump. Pence had weak replies to the Trump attacks and seemed vague about issues.

But if the poll says that Pence won, then I must have missed why.

4. Ken Burgess profile image89
    Ken Burgessposted 18 months ago

Pence came across as someone I wouldn't mind seeing as President.

Pence talked about issues, handled things well really, between being interrupted half the time by Kaine, and the moderator throwing some fast balls at him (a couple that he whiffed on) while lobbing mostly softballs to Kaine... most of all though he remained calm, and replied with sound answers.

Kaine didn't do horrible, but I think his spending all his time 'quoting' Trump often taking things 'out of context' to put it in the worst light possible didn't help him much... a little more on sound answers, a little less quoting Trump and he might have come across better.

1. promisem profile image98
      promisemposted 18 months agoin reply to this

I agree that Kaine overquoted Trump. Worth noting:

"Pence won overall, but lost with Trump," a senior Trump adviser told me. "He can't stand to be upstaged." - John Harwood, CNBC

5. jackclee lm profile image80
    jackclee lmposted 18 months ago

I did not watch the debate but from what I heard afterwards, I figured America lost. The debate had little to do with issues and what really mattered. Is this the best we can do? Trump and Clinton are both two sides of the same coin. It is time for a new currency.

working