jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

What is the 'hot' issue in your community / city?

1. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 15 months ago

What is the 'hot' issue in your community / city?

For instance here where I live locally it is new housing developments with great debate. And, here where I live regionally (San Diego) it is building a new Chargers football stadium, not enough medium income housing, and the ongoing water shortage / drought.

2. Kiss andTales profile image80
    Kiss andTalesposted 15 months ago

Cubies won ! Long drought but by the skin of their teeth it was a title !
    So chicago has gone wild !

1. tsmog profile image82
      tsmogposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Hooray!!! I missed the game because I don't have Fox. I would have loved to watch a tight game like that.

2. Kiss andTales profile image80
      Kiss andTalesposted 15 months agoin reply to this

It was a tense game ! I believe it was the real match of the fitists, I just think previous games target money revenue ! But in the end the best man wins !
      It was a teeth bighter lol!

3. tamarawilhite profile image94
    tamarawilhiteposted 15 months ago

* Common Core texts brought in as "supplemental" materials to get around the textbook approval process, then implemented in most school districts while the material is pretty much forbidden to parents - and costs hundreds of dollars extra per year per child because it is all copyrighted material by the Big Education complex
    * Illegal immigration putting a strain on welfare and pulling down wages while displacing native workers, further straining welfare and charities; for example, half of all children born at the county hospital have parents who filled out forms as illegal aliens (don't know if they actually are or Hispanics claiming such because then they aren't billed); it also creates resentment that these children then get WIC, freebies from the hospital, lots of welfare benefits that even poor native born mothers don't get

And before someone says they help the economy, they don't.
    The National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine report on “The Economic and Fiscal Consequences of Immigration” says every immigrant without a high school degree will cost taxpayers $640,000 over a lifetime. And half of illegal aliens have no high school degree, vs 10% of natives.

working