jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Will Obama pardon Hillary Clinton?

1. PhoenixV profile image73
    PhoenixVposted 16 months ago

Will Obama pardon Hillary Clinton?

2. profile image0
    Old Poolmanposted 16 months ago

That one is up in the air.  Some sources say he can't pardon anyone who has not been charged with a crime.  Others say he can pardon anyone by referring to "crimes" they "may" have committed.

So now I guess we wait and see.  There is proof he was aware of her private email server, so he may have to pardon her to get off the hook himself.  But who knows?

It would be better to just put this to rest and move on with fixing  our country.

1. Ericdierker profile image53
      Ericdierkerposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Well now I hope they quickly revoke any possible security clearance. Somehow the whole administration just ignored the fact that extremely careless means an automatic revocation. My apologies to active military who lost theirs for far less.

3. Venkatachari M profile image46
    Venkatachari Mposted 16 months ago

Why they are making so much fuss about her private email server? Is it such a crime to have one? The judiciary also dispossed off her with that.

1. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 16 months agoin reply to this

Because she used this private and easily hacked server to share highly classified information that put many lives at risk.  The FBI even stated she was "extremely careless" in handling classified and top secret information.

4. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 16 months ago

I think he'll have too much going on to bother with her.  If I were her, and I were guilty, I'd get the hell out of the USA.

5. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 16 months ago

He has that right. Whether he does it to annoy Trump or doesn't do it due to his longstanding Clinton feud, I don't know.

6. Greensleeves Hubs profile image97
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 16 months ago

I'm sure Obama won't pardon her, because there's no reason to. Nothing is proven. The FBI have already said they are not pursuing it, and so to pardon her would be effectively to admit a guilt which has been repeatedly denied or remained unproven.

More intriguingly, I wonder will Donald Trump fulfill his promise to appoint a special prosecutor? My guess is that he probably won't. His pre-election vote-rigging allegations have already been quietly shelved. The way he talked after the election was magnaminous, as it should be in the afternmath of an election, but gave no indication that he regarded Hillary as crooked or criminal. He said America owed her 'a major debt of gratitude for her service.' I suspect he may now shelve that pre-election pledge to prosecute too.

1. profile image0
      Old Poolmanposted 16 months agoin reply to this

What do you mean "Nothing is proven?"  Comey stated in his speech she had lied to the FBI, and the Congress, and mishandled Classified Information, among other things.

What more proof do you need?  She was let off the hook for political reasons.