jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Aren't the news media, Clinton, and the president inciting more violence in the

1. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 14 months ago

Aren't the news media, Clinton, and the president inciting more violence in the protests?

The news media's coverage of the violent protests is truly criminal. After their initial shock they are angry. They are following the lead of Clinton and the president who, if they wanted a peaceful transition, would be calling for an end to the protests, especially the violent ones. From their protected environments they refuse to repudiate the criminal activity in the protests, much less call for the country to unite within a peaceful transition. Shouldn't people be calling for them to own the truth about the fact that they do not want one and demanding they call the protestors to peace?

2. The Dirt Farmer profile image97
    The Dirt Farmerposted 14 months ago

I respect you very much, Roberta, but completely disagree with you. This is America still, thank God, where one can express opposition to those in power. Trump won, not because the majority agree with his bizarre and creepy views of the world and our nation, but because half the nation did not bother to vote, and the majority of democrats did not go to the polls. Look at the stats! Now, one way or another, we're all going to pay for that. No matter what the future holds, however, I will never "unite" with someone like Trump, whose basic views of the world threaten the rights and safety of our society's most vulnerable. To maintain our freedoms and safeguard our nation and the globe, now,  at the very start of that dangerous megalomaniac's "administration," is the best time to rally and show that his unreasonable voice is not our own.

1. RTalloni profile image88
      RTalloniposted 14 months agoin reply to this

It's true that not all of the nation voted (have all states reported yet?), but as it stands, she only won pop vote by extremely small margin. The EC's purpose, among other things, is to balance-give every state a fair voice.

3. ladyguitarpicker profile image74
    ladyguitarpickerposted 14 months ago

There were more people who voted for Mrs Clinton then Mr Trump. Fox News had a reporter that told the viewers how people hate Clinton. That is funny since she got the majority of the vote. I wonder if we need to let the majority win in the next election. I do not think Clinton or the president are inciting violence. I like the way it was done in the old days where the candidates told us what they would do for the country and not talk so much about each other.

1. The Dirt Farmer profile image97
      The Dirt Farmerposted 14 months agoin reply to this

We should get rid of the Electoral College. http://billmoyers.com/story/electoral-c … explained/  For once, I agree with one of Trump's tweets: "The electoral college is a disaster for democracy." Amen.

2. RTalloni profile image88
      RTalloniposted 14 months agoin reply to this

Please do a fair study of the EC system's purpose. We need to respond maturely, with knowledge and wisdom. She only gained popular vote by a very small margin. Protesting is one thing, violence in communities is illegal.

working