Are the women that are protesting Trump getting equal pay as the men?
I worked for over 60 years in various occupations. During that time I never once met a woman who was paid less than a man for doing "exactly" the same job. The key word here being "exactly" the same job.
I'm not saying it never happens but I never experienced this even once in my working career.
How much you want to bet the women protesting Trump are on welfare or unemployment or can't even find someone who wants to hire them.
Tsad - I don't know of a single employer who decides to pay a woman less than they pay a man for the same job. Do you?
The "equal pay" myth has been debunked many times except by feminists who want to uphold it.
If women work equal hours in the exact same jobs with the same amount of experience, they make as much money.
Liberals ignore facts like:
* unskilled women work in retail and childcare and service while unskilled men do more physically demanding work like construction and landscaping, so they are paid more for the physical effort
* men at all education levels are more likely to do dangerous work, from mining to forestry, and they get paid more as a result
* women are more likely to take time off their careers to have children or shift to part time, so they don't have as much experience on average as men
* women are more likely than men to work part time, with or without children, and it would be immoral to pay the woman working 30 hours the same flat rate as a man who works 50
* women are less likely to work overtime than men even when given the chance; this actually causes part of the doctor shortage where female doctors rarely work more than 40 whereas the men more often work 60-70 hours a week
I think some companies are better at abiding with equal rights than others.
But I will most surely expect a government job in most areas will abide by that.
by molometer3 years ago
Why Are Women Still Paid Less Than Men. What Has Happened To Equal Rights For Women?We have had the equal pay act since the 1970's and yet women still earn a third less than their male counterparts. Why is this...
by SteveoMc6 years ago
Are women really worth the same pay as men?Most of the women that I work with are less dependable, absent more often, get pregnant, worry about their looks, have relationship problems, cry at work if something goes...
by Barbara6 years ago
Does it matter that women are not equal to men? Why or why not?A fellow hubber commented on my hub "I am not equal in 15 states", "How has this hurt you? Why do you care?" How would...
by Journey22448 years ago
Do you think that women should receive the same pay as men if they have equal qualifications.I notice that women's pay is still lower than men.
by And Drewson7 years ago
Some would argue that, since women tend to get paid less than men, a woman has to work harder/longer.Well, what do you think?
by Marc Lee2 years ago
Do you think we will ever get to a day when Women and Men receive equal pay? And is this important?
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.
Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners.
HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc.
HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.