jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Does anybody think president obama was a good president?

1. profile image59
    Brendalandposted 13 months ago

Does anybody think president obama was a good president?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image31
    bradmasterOCcalposted 13 months ago

My personal opinion is that he is the worst US president. I would be interested to see what examples someone can give to alter my opinion.

3. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image59
    Dont Taze Me Broposted 13 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13345967_f260.jpg

A new Quinnipiac University poll asked whether people thought Obama's policies had helped their own personal financial situation. Positive reviews were 21 percent, while significantly more -- 33 percent -- say Obama's policies have hurt them personally.

But YES, there are some people who think Obama was a good president. I wonder if any of them were Muslims.

Fifty five percent, in fact, according to a new Quinnipiac University poll. That's how many say Obama has been a "good" (33 percent) or "great" (22 percent) president.

But Americans just voted for change -- a very big and unpredictable change -- in the form of Donald Trump. That doesn't really compute: a popular outgoing president usually gives his party's nominee a leg up. It just didn't happen this time around.

The same Quinnipiac poll shows opinions of Obama's stewardship of the economy are more positive than negative. Forty four percent think his policies have helped the economy, while 38 percent think they have hurt. Another 16 percent say Obama's policies have made no difference either way.

The very next question, though, is more illustrative -- and more negative. Quinnipiac asked whether people thought Obama's policies had helped their own personal financial situation. There, positive reviews fell by half, to just 21 percent, while significantly more -- 33 percent -- say Obama's policies have hurt them personally.

The reason for that big decline? Democrats and independents. Among Democrats, 84 percent think Obama has helped the economy, but just 46 percent think he has helped the economy for them. And while 44 percent of independents say Obama improved the nation's economic picture, just 19 percent say he improved their own.

So what's the conclusion? The poll seems to give contradicting results doesn't it. That's because just rating a person as good or great means nothing because the question isn't spelling out any guidelines for good or greatness  - it is a meaningless question just like your question is meaningless.

Bottom line, who cares what other people think? I don't, most of them don't know how to form a valid opinion or how to think analytically. People act on emotion and suggestion, that's why we have commercials that are mindless jokes to a discerning people yet are effective or they wouldn't be aired.

1. Perspycacious profile image81
      Perspycaciousposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Fine commentary here.  I fault President Obama for being indecisive and failing utterly to help the people of Syria be rid of a brutal dictator, Then in the vacuum Russia gained more than we might guess.  Weakness cost us but we aren't weak just him.

2. Dont Taze Me Bro profile image59
      Dont Taze Me Broposted 13 months agoin reply to this

Totally true. The thing is he is calculatingly and decisively indecisive. Like the budgets he submits, so ludicrous his own party won't bring them to a vote so he doesn't have to take any responsibility for the budget.

working