jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

How Can India Emerge As A Corruption-Free Country?

1. drsunilgupta profile image60
    drsunilguptaposted 14 months ago

How Can India Emerge As A Corruption-Free Country?

In India corruption is a multi-headed monster, which has piled up as much by greediness and fraudulence as it is by ignorance and illiteracy. Building a new a corruption-free country is no instantaneous project.
    Yet, it is unquestionably a battle that we require to conquest, because corruption makes a mockery of India’s democracy and independence by distorting the resource allocation.Corruption creates a Gordian knot, which is challenging to disentangle and necessitates to be slashed through by severemethods like demonetization.

2. TessSchlesinger profile image94
    TessSchlesingerposted 14 months ago

1. By eliminating unfair inequality
    2. By eradicating the concept that if one has more possessions, then one is entitled to more status.

All people want admiration and respect. If the only people getting admiration and respect are those with money and status, then those who are unable to attain those things in a reasonable manner will do whatever it takes to get the money necessary.

That is the root of your problem.

1. AshutoshJoshi06 profile image89
      AshutoshJoshi06posted 14 months agoin reply to this

But just like corruption, economic disparity is a global phenomena and it will always exists - '1% of individuals own 99% of world's wealth' ...Thoughts??

2. TessSchlesinger profile image94
      TessSchlesingerposted 14 months agoin reply to this

No, it doesn't have to always exist, but it will take a lot of luck and hard work to change it. We are socialize incorrectly. Archeologists have recently found evidenece of societies who didn't have hierarchies.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 14 months ago

This requires changing a culture that sees corruption as acceptable, whether as a government official or business.

4. AshutoshJoshi06 profile image89
    AshutoshJoshi06posted 14 months ago

'Corruption Free' I think that term itself is invalid, even 'less corruption' would be an exaggeration. Its a virus more like AIDS that has caused total collapse of resistance and hence we feel its part of the system and we are so damn okay paying bribes, hefty or not.
    Honestly we cant get rid of it and you can never even expect  political will to change the status quo.
    As for demonetization, personally I was very optimististic to begin with but seeing the fallout of it and where it's heading, all I can say is I am utterly dissapointed!!

5. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
    bradmasterOCcalposted 14 months ago

It is impossible due to basic human nature.
    It is the same as evil versus good, and the history of mankind shows no decline in evil and no advantage of good over evil.

Man is basically evil and that is why religion, and government try to control that evil, but in the process they themselves become the evil.
    We are the scorpion in the scorpion on the back of the frog trying to cross the river.....