jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

What do you think Trump will do to healthcare and Obamacare?

1. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image98
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 15 months ago

What do you think Trump will do to healthcare and Obamacare?

Trump wants to appeal the Affordable Care Act and repeal Obamacare - what will he replace it with? Will healthcare be affordable under Trump?

2. peoplepower73 profile image93
    peoplepower73posted 15 months ago

Marcy:  I don't know if that was a mistake on your part, but the Affordable Care Act and Obama Care are one and the same.  If you all ready knew that, my apologies, but there are many people who believe they are different.  They are saying,"You can repeal and replace Obama Care, but not my Affordable Care Act."

3. Dean Traylor profile image93
    Dean Traylorposted 15 months ago

It's in Trump's nature to do the following with ACA: Repeal it and then replace it with ACA. However, he will re-brand it as Trumpcare and will take full credit for it. Considering that many people don't realize that ACA and Obamacare is the same thing, I believe a lot of people will not see or realize that this shell game has happened (and he's done it before with buildings and golf courses that bears his name).

4. Sychophantastic profile image88
    Sychophantasticposted 15 months ago

It's about time we get rid of Obamacare! It's a disaster! Thankfully, I don't have to worry about my health insurance because it's under the Affordable Care Act. It's so much better than Obamacare. And, as the name suggests, it's affordable!

1. MizBejabbers profile image91
      MizBejabbersposted 15 months agoin reply to this

Whhaaaat?

2. Cyndi10 profile image87
      Cyndi10posted 15 months agoin reply to this

I think Sycophantastic was being funny. Surely, people know they are one and the same. However, maybe they didn't. Maybe that was also part of the tactic: to lead people to believe they were two different plans. So like the Republicans.

3. Sychophantastic profile image88
      Sychophantasticposted 15 months agoin reply to this

No, Obamacare and the Affordable Care Act are not the same thing. One is evil and one is helping people afford health care.

5. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 15 months ago

Since health insurance rates have gone up several times the rate of inflation for the past 8 years (as have health costs), ANY change is likely to be for the better.
    And reducing regulatory mandates that make the "basic" legal health insurance a gold plan by pre-Obamacare standards alone will dramatically reduce health insurance costs.

working