Does Trump lie too much? Is he becoming like the "Thought Police" of 1984?

Jump to Last Post 1-3 of 3 discussions (16 posts)
  1. Luke Holm profile image98
    Luke Holmposted 18 months ago

Does Trump lie too much? Is he becoming like the "Thought Police" of 1984?

I understand that politicians are spin-doctors in their own right.  However, it seems like Trump is trying to rewrite history, much like the "Thought Police" in Orwell's _1984_.  He provided remarkably inaccurate facts about the attendance at his inauguration speech.  Since being in office, the White House has deleted website pages about Civil Rights and Climate Change.  A simple web search will reveal many more examples.  Is he just catering to his supporters or is he really trying to change the facts of the world?  He's not fixing his inaccurate statements.  What's his deal?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13397533_f260.jpg

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image30
    bradmasterOCcalposted 18 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13152613_f260.jpg

Luke, Attendance at the Inauguration, who cares. What pages were deleted specifically? A web search of what? He is catering to the will of the people that made him president, and he is working off those campaign goals.
    Name a Major inaccurate statement and how is it inaccurate? Disregard the ones mentioned in your ? as they are not important.

As for Climate Change, I wrote a ? on it that you can't answer because there is no answer for it.
    What facts of the world. Even the Big Bang Theory while well established in the current scientific community is NOT a fact. Neither is Einstein's Theory of Relativity, and even Einstein knew it because he tried till he died to perfect his Grand Unification Theory.

So what is your definition of facts as stated in your ?.
    Trump's deal is to change the continued decline of the US for the last 28years, into to the great United States that it once was, a very long time ago.

As far as the thought police, you don't have to look any further than the NSA, the enacting of the Patriot Act with out any declared wars, by pres GW Bush, and extended by pres Barack Obama. The social reengineering by Hollywood and the Main Stream Media. A media that claims to be a News organization, but it doesn't report the news, it season's the few facts with its pundits, and tone in which it delivers it to their audience. They report on everything that Trump accomplishes for the people as a negative, while never acknowledging the failures of the democrats, especially Hillary Clinton and pres Barack Obama. That is subliminal thought control.

I really don't understand the point of your question, although I tried to answer every point you stated in it. For the record, I am not democrat, republican, independent or any label. It just so happens that I think the democrats, and their liberals have done more damage to the average person than the republicans. I like Donald Trump because both the democrats and the republicans fear that he will break their do nothing political clubs. We don't need lifetime politicians in congress, we need politicians that will work for the people that elected them, and move the politics to the center.
    Del if u wish.

1. Luke Holm profile image98
      Luke Holmposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Hi, Brad! I knew you would be back.  How has life been going for you?

3. aguasilver profile image75
    aguasilverposted 18 months ago

Inauguration turnout.... take a look at this giga photo from CNN (so it must be true yeah?)

http://edition.cnn.com/interactive/2017/01/politic...

Sure looks like a whole lot of people there...

He won, he's your POTUS for the next four years at least, get over it and stop trying to find fault, all politicians are at fault, Trump is no worse, and may be a whole lot better than the earlier POTUS's.

He could hardly be less effective than Obama.

1. aguasilver profile image75
      aguasilverposted 18 months agoin reply to this

Trump WON the majority of counties by a vast margin, and you have a constitutional republic, not a 'democracy' with safeguards built in to ensure that 'sanctuary states' like your own California, cannot control the whole USA.

Like it or leave.

2. Luke Holm profile image98

John, why so aggressive? Why do people have to LEAVE if they disagree or dislike something? That seems very much against what our founding fathers originally intended. All I hear from Trump supporters are regurgitations of each other's naivety.

3. aguasilver profile image75

Not hostile, I'm not even American, just fed up of whinging people nit picking because their choice lost the votes of middle America.

Trump was voted in by those people, fair and square, and it's California that's speaking of leaving...

4. Luke Holm profile image98

I'm not whining, only asking a question. Conversations like these are important to flush out further information. Think about what he is doing to our country on a vibrational level. People are scared and worried. That's why they are speaking up/out.

5. aguasilver profile image75

"what he is doing to our country on a vibrational level" - Please!

He is going to bring the 'vibrational' level back to normal, the liberal elite have changed it into what they wished it to be, it appears middle America would like it normalized.

6. Luke Holm profile image98

I thought that maybe, based off of your hubs, you could feel vibrations. I guess not. It's ok. I would check your own tonality, though, and investigate your own spirit and energy; especially how you come off to others.

7. aguasilver profile image75

I exist in two areas, the world and the Kingdom, your question was based in the world, I answered accordingly.
      But I take your point, frankly, I am just fed up of people nit picking over Trump. If he is a 'wrong un' he will be deposed.

8. Luke Holm profile image98

I agree with you, John, and thank you for being civil.  Only time will tell what Trump is truly like.  Have a nice weekend smile

9. aguasilver profile image75

AP, the last guy put in place things that he thought made sense, many did not, Trump will do what he thinks make sense, and as I said, if he gets it wrong, he fails and will be deposed. You may not like his objectives, but he WON so, he can do them.

10. aguasilver profile image75

SOME Americans are at war with Trump, however those are the liberal left who LOST, but the millions of middle Americans who voted him into power, they are not at war with Trump, though they may well go to war against the rioters if needed.

11. aguasilver profile image75

Really?..... time will tell, meanwhile there are more important things than playing table tennis with you.

12. aguasilver profile image75

I think you are suffering a breakdown, take a deep breath and accept that if America can survive the last 50 years of corrupt power elite misrule, it can survive Trump, and may come out stronger once the liberals have stopped whinging.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)