jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Does one Hubber have the right to tell another Hubber to take down his question?

1. Shyron E Shenko profile image82
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 13 months ago

Does one Hubber have the right to tell another Hubber to take down his question?

I read the answer to one question where the Hubber told the other Hubber "it is time to take this question down" now I see the same question asked by the one who said he should take it down, with slightly different wording.

2. Dana Tate profile image86
    Dana Tateposted 13 months ago

I don't understand why another hubber would ask that. If I come across a question or even a hub that is not to my liking I won't read or answer it.

Shyron E Shenkoposted 13 months agoin reply to this

I was following one question and another Hubber told the author of the question that he should take the question down and there were many, many answers to his question.  I can't find the question any longer but the other one asked the same question.

3. always exploring profile image84
    always exploringposted 13 months ago

I can't imagine anyone doing that. To my way of thinking, it's totally unacceptable.

Thank you Ruby that is the same way I feel about this.

4. shanmarie profile image79
    shanmarieposted 13 months ago

Generally speaking,  people have the right to say whatever they like. Of course,  there are rules and regulations in places like HP and questions can be flagged as inappropriate for moderators to look at. But as others have said, it is hard to answer this particular question without more information. However,  from the little you said, if someone asked someone to take a question down just to ask it themselves. . .that's childish. I don't take down anything I've asked unless I have a reason of my own. Unless someone was offended by something I said and expressed that, then I may consider taking something down for someone else.

Thank you Shannon, that is how I feel also, but I was offended for my friend who asked the question.

5. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 13 months ago

Well Shyron.....I'm not really sure what you refer to, because it's my belief that administration are the only ones with the capacity to "take down" or literally remove a question.
      I understand that the most we are able to do is simply CLOSE a question to more answers.  Some questions still appearing on the threads are 6 & 7 years old!!  They are STILL open to accepting answers and worst of all, the Author of the Question has yet to CHOOSE A "BEST" ANSWER!! 
    I suppose anyone can "suggest" something to someone else, but they certainly can't force someone to remove anything.  If something warrants removal, HP does it.

Thank you Paula, I understand what you are saying but this question was not vey old and the author of the question did nothing wrong but disagree with the Hubber who wanted his question taken down.

working