jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Youtubers, should they be payed?

1. profile image56
    NiaJamesposted 11 months ago

Youtubers, should they be payed?

This is a very controversial subject.
    Is it fair that when people upload videos to YouTube whether it be beauty related, sharing others uploads or gaming, that they are being payed based on how many followers and views they get?
    Basically where should line be drawn? 
    Not all but most have sponsorships where they also are being payed by certain companies to promote/advertise products in they're uploads as well.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 months ago

Why is it "controversial?" Making and keeping a following on YT is a lot of work. If some people can make money off of it, good for them. I wish I had the know-how.

1. profile image56
      NiaJamesposted 11 months agoin reply to this

It's controversial because as I said before a lot of channels only post what others have before for example a repost of a movie trailer, others home movies into a compilation. I agree that some do take the time and effort in they're videos.

3. lisavollrath profile image96
    lisavollrathposted 11 months ago

Anyone who creates original content, and wants to be paid for it, should have the option to do so. I don't think there's any controversy about that.

4. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 11 months ago

They are paid based on ad revenue or the value of the audience to their sponsors. But you have to have a significantly involved following that buys what you recommend to get sponsorships.