jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Would you give up your routine, your job and just travel the world? Why? Why not

1. profile image60
    Sheena80posted 10 months ago

Would you give up your routine, your job and just travel the world? Why? Why not?

I keep wanting to do this myself.

2. Civil Inquest profile image61
    Civil Inquestposted 10 months ago

Yes. Humans were made to travel and explore,NOT for routines. We are the most adaptable organism on the planet, capable of building a habitable environment anywhere we choose. We waste our gifts in cubicles and 9-5 jobs because we are scared of the unknown. Humans trade growth for comfort, and there is no greater comfort then knowing how you're going to survive the next day. The animal part of us loves stability, we're content to know where we'll sleep, eat, and be sheltered. But there is another side of, spiritual if that's what you'd like to call it, that yearns for more. Everyone feels it, but many give in to that animal side and stay put in their routine lives, afraid of what would happen if they broke out of it. This feeling drives others to incredible feats, and this same feeling drove you to ask this question. The world is maintained by changing every day, every hour, every second. Take some notes from Mother Nature and do the same

3. Aime F profile image83
    Aime Fposted 10 months ago

Definitely, if I had the money and resources. I would love to just yank my daughter out of school for a couple of years and take her to actually see the places kids learn about in school.  I think it's the best way to learn but obviously not practical or doable for most.

4. Terrielynn1 profile image93
    Terrielynn1posted 10 months ago

I have thought about it. Right now I am raising my grandchildren. I am going to do more travel after that. I want to be a travel writer and blog about my adventures. Exploring more of the grande canyon and Sedona will be first.

5. KsenijaZ profile image95
    KsenijaZposted 10 months ago

Yes, sure, that would be great. If I had enough money I would do it right away. Worldschooling my 2 daughters. We try in many ways to travel around - not the world, but around our country, neighbor countries, places around our town, ... )

working