jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

If all Trump did in 100 days was appoint a conservative Justice, was that worth

1. Kathleen Cochran profile image83
    Kathleen Cochranposted 10 months ago

If all Trump did in 100 days was appoint a conservative Justice, was that worth it?

As Trump's 100-day milestone approaches, so many people voted solely on appointing a conservative Supreme Court justice, you have to wonder if they think it was worth it?  OK.  He's done that for you.  Are you at all worried about what he's going to do during the next three years and eight months?

2. Dean Traylor profile image93
    Dean Traylorposted 10 months ago

I can't say that the appointment of a conservative justice was really worth it. Supreme court justices have a tendency to become the polar opposite of the president who appointed him/her. At least this was the case in the past. So time will tell what type of justice he will be.
    On the other hand, I believe the first 100 days was revealing about Trump -- in the most negative way possible. He's trying to push agendas that are the antithesis of progress. He's not getting a good read on trends in technology or social movements. Worst yet, while there's a lot of distractions about the Russian collusion thing and other matter, he had been signing executive orders that have rolled regulations that were meant to keep people physically and financially safe -- just to keep certain corporations and industries (that are actually dying) supposedly profitable (i.e. the mining industry). And let's not forget that civil rights laws are and will be taking on attacks from this administration.

3. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 10 months ago

That was one of the reasons conservatives voted for him. Reducing the size and power of government and challenging liberal bullies from college campuses to rogue federal departments is another.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image28
      bradmasterOCcalposted 10 months agoin reply to this

I agree.

4. Shyron E Shenko profile image80
    Shyron E Shenkoposted 9 months ago

It is worth it to trump (trump purposely in lower case) with all the law-suits coming up, he will have the Supreme Court bought just like the new justice.
    Yes, I am worried.

Blessings.

Shyron

working