jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Do you believe Trump is trying to cover connections to Russia?

1. perrya profile image86
    perryaposted 9 months ago

Do you believe Trump is trying to cover connections to Russia?

2. savvydating profile image95
    savvydatingposted 9 months ago

No. The investigation will go on regardless of Comey's having been fired. If anything, Trump's action brings more attention to the Russian investigation. The Deputy Attorney, Rod J Rosenstein, recommended Comey be fired in order to restore public confidence in the FBI AND because Comey did not understand the "gravity" of his position. Comey was therefore unsuitable to be the FBI Director.

You can find the letter/memorandum online if you search for it.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image32
      bradmasterOCcalposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Yves, worse yet Trump made the Assistant FBI director the Acting director. And he has ties with the Clintons.

2. savvydating profile image95
      savvydatingposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Brad, I imagine he had to put someone in there to keep the ball rolling. Just hope McCabe is temporary.  But once again, if there is a cover-up, why would Trump choose McCabe, who, yes, does have ties to Hillary thru his wife and Terry McAuliffe.

3. perrya profile image86
    perryaposted 9 months ago

Most likely, I wish I had never voted for him. I cannot trust anything Trump states knowing he never tells the whole story only what he wants you to hear and praises him.

Perry
      You think one of the other candidates was better?
      You had 2500 characters and couldn't give any examples of your mistrust.

What is your point? Hillary and Podesta had lots of connections with Russia?

del if you wish

4. profile image80
    Hxprofposted 9 months ago

Probably not.  Doesn't seem to be anything for him to cover up.

Comey didn't even exhibit the knowledge of the law that most people garner just from watching TV crime shows.

He didn't even put Hillary Clinton under oath, and he gave immunity to her staff before they were interviewed. And they avoid any testimony

2. profile image80
      Hxprofposted 9 months agoin reply to this

Typical politics, really. Partisanship is the rule in Washington, more so now than in the past (save perhaps for Civil War period). Evil runs rampant, and few care, some care but are prevented from acting, and others are fully involved.

working